Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Verdict is in, I should be in 700hp territory. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8606)

BRUTAL64 10-05-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34107)
Before I got my C3 I didn't really like white on cars. I love it on my C3. Someday I might go with a midnight blue up front with a gradient fade into white gohst flames and white at the back, but that's money and would be nearly the last thing I'd do. As for interior color, I can't make up my mind.
- Cream/Tan - sort of like I have, classy
- Charcoal/black - works of course, but a little ho-hum (you know how I feel about that)
- two tone white and blue with brushed metal and carbon fiber - cool!, but would require careful planning for an aesthetic balance

White is not a bad thing. I'm white and I'm fine.:lmfao:

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 34126)
White is not a bad thing. I'm white and I'm fine.:lmfao:

Debatable.

:inout:

BRUTAL64 10-05-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34128)
Debatable.

:inout:

To have a debate you need two people to discuss the points in question. Since I am always right, there is no need to go on with this.:rolleyes:

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 34130)
To have a debate you need two people to discuss the points in question. Since I am always right, there is no need to go on with this.:rolleyes:

I just wanted to use the new smiley.

So Adam, you gonna run on 10/31 or what?

BADDASSC6 10-05-2009 04:50 PM

We should try to set up some Motorgen match races. I will not be there on the 31st, but I would make it another day.

joedls 10-05-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 34062)
That's what I was responding to.

Joe, of course I'm making excuses. Stripped, slicks, race gas. Not the same league. Period.

Remember I offered to race him, on the bottle, as long as he didn't run slicks before I had any idea that Ron ran race gas. I just threw that disclaimer in there because it's the defining line for me. I honestly had no idea, ask Ron, he's never mentioned it to me before. Search the forum if you wish. I didn't even know his name till recently and I've never seen his Chevelle.

Do I think Ben's car is no longer a street car... If he can get by on 91 only which I think he can, then yeah. I have an effectively higher CR than Ben but I refuse to run race gas, Torco or any sort of octane booster. Ben's tried to talk me into it. Won't happen.

I had this conversation with Plunker years ago. He's against nitrous, because you have to refill it, I draw the line at 91 octane. Don't care what's under your hood, boost cooler, alcohol injection, blower, etc. as long as you can fill up at 76 and mount street legal tires... it's a street car.

If it's not, might as well be top fuel. Don't compare it to my car. :judge:

Sorry guys, I know I just offended half of you but that's how I feel.

And I'm not trying to say my car is the baddest thing out there. It's not. If I had the funds you can bet your sweet hairy ass I'd buy offset trailing arms and have my rims widened. It's a huge handicap and I'm not proud of it. That and my old crappy interior is the reason I'd rather have a Z06 with only 405hp over my car. My car ain't all that, yeah it's cool for what it is and I'm proud of it. But I would trade most of the guys at the motorgen meets for their cars straight up.

I run 100 octane at the track (and BTW you can pull up to a pump at a 76 station in many places and pump 100 octane). Does that make my car a drag car? I only run it at the track. On the street I run 91 octane.

You wrote, "of course I'm making excuses." This is what I don't get. If you have no investment in being the "cock of the walk" what difference does it make if his car is quicker than yours in the 1/4 mile? It doesn't sound like that's your goal, so why make excuses for your car. From what I can tell, it's a hell of a car that you put alot of sweat into. Be proud of that. You bowed your back up when Ron offered Ben a ride in his Chevelle (I'm assuming to challenge his statement that your car is the fastest accelerating car he had ever been in). Who cares if his car or your car should have that title? I saw your sensitivity and pounced on it because I like being an asshole sometimes. But hell, you're a big boy and you have to develop that thick skin for the legal system anyway. :lmfao:

enkeivette 10-05-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 34109)
...can we crown Adam as the motorgen bench racing / dyno queen:laugh:?

I'm cool with that! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34111)
Perhaps. But I've never seen anyone, I mean anyone, do so much with so little, completely on their own, from engine building through some pretty damn nice paint and body, as Adam. And for that. :hail:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 34115)
I also agree 100% on that. Enkei is the McGyver of cars :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 34112)
I agree:thumbs_up:, so why is everyone trying to egg him on to blow his diff. Let him enjoy it for a while.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 34125)
I have to agree. He did a DAMN FINE job with the little money he had.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Aw shux, you guys are so sweet. :) Makes me wanna give you all sloppy Bruno style kisses. :beer: :beer: :beer:

But I think Brutal takes the McGyver title on this forum. What was it? $11 and change for 400hp? I have some expensive pieces from my setup. Yeah I bargained, e-bayed, and posed as a business to get a dealer discount for those pieces. But they were expensive nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34132)
So Adam, you gonna run on 10/31 or what?

Page 4!
Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 33948)
Let me set out my calendar right now so no one calls me a coward if I can't show.

I have midterms and won't be back in oc till after the 18th. Then I'll be in SD Halloween weekend for a party.
After that I should be free for a while till finals.

Also, must go during the day. Well established that I am poor. Must be sub $40. No $100 private track nights. On that note, I think the most logical thing to do would be to just put Cambria on the dyno during Sean's scheduled cheap dyno day. Takes my shitty tires/ driving out of the equation.

Let me say for the record, I think Ron is a bad mother f*cker and his cars are even cooler. I don't think anyone keeps up with my tuning threads as much as he does. And regardless of what you fill it with I love all fast cars, and I sooo badly want to hide in the back seat when you give Ben a ride. I've never been in a 10 second car before and I'm sure it would give me a chubby.

Ben, about your car again, it is more practical than my car in every other aspect, so I "supersize" with you. I just would have tuned the thing to run on 91. But in reality it is more of a street rod than any other C3 I've seen. :hail:

2011GT302 10-05-2009 06:57 PM

Sorry to beat a dead horse but My 01 Mustang GT is by no means a race car but I will be running 100 oct at the track I also run full slicks. I fill my car with 91 at Shell twice :( a week and put over 100 miles a week on the motor. Point being running 100 and slicks does not make your car a race car. 100 oct means your smart (higher oct is just straight up better for your car) and slicks are just one of the best mods you can do. My car went from 2.2 to 1.5 60' times. By the way my sub a side from full connectors is 100% stock ford. Also having a roll cage is required by almost if not all types of racing not only drag racing.

enkeivette 10-05-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiced01gt281 (Post 34146)
Sorry to beat a dead horse but My 01 Mustang GT is by no means a race car but I will be running 100 oct at the track I also run full slicks. I fill my car with 91 at Shell twice :( a week and put over 100 miles a week on the motor. Point being running 100 and slicks does not make your car a race car. 100 oct means your smart (higher oct is just straight up better for your car) and slicks are just one of the best mods you can do. My car went from 2.2 to 1.5 60' times. By the way my sub a side from full connectors is 100% stock ford. Also having a roll cage is required by almost if not all types of racing not only drag racing.

I'm sure my car would run better with 100 octane too, but neither of us need it. Like you said, you fill your car with street gas twice a week.

enkeivette 10-05-2009 07:25 PM

Just out of curiosity, what would my car trap? My sig is out of my ass obviously.