Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Engine Related (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054)

BRUTAL64 01-09-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13163)
I'd love to see it but Phil and I are going to be swapping the engine in his Jimmy.

Well, I was looking forward to anything you might want to add or comment on.

It won't be untill we get back from the cruise. Love to see you there.:drink:

94cobra69ss396 01-09-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13165)
Well, I was looking forward to anything you might want to add or comment on.

It won't be untill we get back from the cruise. Love to see you there.:drink:

What time will that be? Maybe he and I can head over there later.

BRUTAL64 01-09-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13166)
What time will that be? Maybe he and I can head over there later.

Sean is thinking 6 to 6:30 but that will probably be later. I'll wait untill everyone is done eating. But, we're assuming other people are interested.:huh:

BRUTAL64 01-09-2009 04:26 PM

I won't be here at work tomarrow. So I won't be able to get on here. Sean, Ben call me if you have any questions.

I will need a good size pad and somehting to draw with. I'm assuming that people are interested. If they are not, no biggie.:drink:

94cobra69ss396 01-09-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13167)
Sean is thinking 6 to 6:30 but that will probably be later. I'll wait untill everyone is done eating. But, we're assuming other people are interested.:huh:

PM sent.

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 04:46 PM

Heads Purchased.

One thing, didn't include rockers like I thought, but still seems like a good, or at least fair deal over all.

Q: What kind of cam does this engine have in it, I forgot?

Q: Can/should we reuse the rockers from the stock heads? If so what was the stud size? OR, should I just bite the bullet and get a set of aluminum roller rockers for $159?

We saved quite a bit of money on the original car and will save some more because Ron will be building the cage, so I thought it made sense to use the savings and splurge a bit on the heads within reason. Now I'm somewhat back in el cheapo mode. :smack:

BRUTAL64 01-09-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13171)
Heads Purchased.

One thing, didn't include rockers like I thought, but still seems like a good, or at least fair deal over all.

Q: What kind of cam does this engine have in it, I forgot?

Q: Can/should we reuse the rockers from the stock heads? If so what was the stud size? OR, should I just bite the bullet and get a set of aluminum roller rockers for $159?

We saved quite a bit of money on the original car and will save some more because Ron will be building the cage, so I thought it made sense to use the savings and splurge a bit on the heads within reason. Now I'm somewhat back in el cheapo mode. :smack:

Cool!!!!!!

Can you bring them (one)to the cruise?? I have a valve spring (very old) tool and we could pull a couple of valves.:drink:

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13172)
Cool!!!!!!

Can you bring them (one)to the cruise?? I have a valve spring (very old) tool and we could pull a couple of valves.:drink:

I won't have the new heads until next Wednesday or so. We could pull the stock heads if that's what you meant.

BTW, what about the rockers yo?

BRUTAL64 01-09-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13173)
I won't have the new heads until next Wednesday or so. We could pull the stock heads if that's what you meant.

BTW, what about the rockers yo?

I meant the New heads. Yes, we can use the old rockers. Bring a few with you. Let me see them just to be sure.:drink:

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 05:07 PM

Carb

Glenn, did you say you had a carb that could be used, or know where we could get one that would be appropriate on the cheap? I'm assuming we could get a used one, and somebody here could rebuild it and set it up for our purpose.