Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Angeles Crest Part II - Sunday, June 12th (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28388)

Small White Car 06-14-2011 06:27 PM

Great, you owe us all lunch next run...

So much for saving a few bucks.

:p

rornelas 06-15-2011 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amphora001 (Post 77029)
nope, that civic was surprisingly fast. I was driving behind him on the 2nd half.

I was the only all engine/non-turbo and non-all wheel drive car in that front group.

AntiPerfS4 06-15-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rornelas (Post 77307)
I was the only all engine/non-turbo and non-all wheel drive car in that front group.

What were you driving? My group was in the front of the group the entire time and we had a Corvette and Lincoln Mark 8 with us.

SoCalC55 06-15-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rornelas (Post 77307)

I know that feeling :leaving:

Perry 06-15-2011 10:58 PM

I think he might mean at the end, group of us were sorta booking it, if hes that civic that was behind me.

rornelas 06-16-2011 06:05 AM

A white 95 hatchback civic. After we all pulled over, I believe our group left first. So I think we became the front group after the stop, at least the front group out of all the cars that actually stopped and pulled over to hang out with the rest of the people from the meet.

luder_5555 06-16-2011 10:36 AM

On the last drive I think that I was the first car in the line without well over 400hp. They disappeared on the straight bits, but I found them once the curves started. (100hp Miata)

It's a good thing that none of them knew how to go around corners, or I would have been screwed...:rolling:

(Just poking a little fun. There are some great people and amazing cars on these drives)

funevox 06-16-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark99 (Post 77094)
found out today it is only an $800 crack :eek:

Sorry to hear that. I think I was in front of you during the cruise, I'm the guy with the silver Evo x. I kind of know how you feel, not as bad as replacing the whole windshield but my fog lights are completely done from the 1st Angeles crest cruise. I'm not going to replace them, eventually buy the fog light delete kit to take them off the car.

On a lighter note, it was a very good cruse, had a great time.

landshark99 06-16-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funevox (Post 77362)
Sorry to hear that. I think I was in front of you during the cruise, I'm the guy with the silver Evo x. I kind of know how you feel, not as bad as replacing the whole windshield but my fog lights are completely done from the 1st Angeles crest cruise. I'm not going to replace them, eventually buy the fog light delete kit to take them off the car.

On a lighter note, it was a very good cruse, had a great time.

Things happen not much you can do, It looked to me like the rocks were being thrown by the blue evo in front of you when he dropped his right rear wheel in the shoulder. But that is the price one pays to play close to other cars
It was still a great day, a beautiful ride and fun cruising withe you all

AARP 06-16-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luder_5555 (Post 77357)
On the last drive I think that I was the first car in the line without well over 400hp. They disappeared on the straight bits, but I found them once the curves started. (100hp Miata)

It's a good thing that none of them knew how to go around corners, or I would have been screwed...:rolling:

(Just poking a little fun. There are some great people and amazing cars on these drives)

I was cheating off your lines most of the cruise :sm_laughing: