Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Engine Related (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054)

joedls 01-09-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13127)
He suggested a Demon Holly 750.

Just to clarify, I don't know what a Demon Holley 750 is, but I did recommend a Mighty Demon 750 blower carb. This carb allows you to boost-reference the power valve.

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13188)
Just to clarify, I don't know what a Demon Holley 750 is, but I did recommend a Mighty Demon 750 blower carb. This carb allows you to boost-reference the power valve.

That's good to know. :sm_up_there: Between my day gig, other MG stuff, and trying to light a fire on this project my brain is a little scrambled, especially cuz I'm not so familiar with some of the parts.

joedls 01-09-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13189)
That's good to know. :sm_up_there: Between my day gig, other MG stuff, and trying to light a fire on this project my brain is a little scrambled, especially cuz I'm not so familiar with some of the parts.

Hey, it's all good. I'm just kind of a smart-ass. It's all in fun, though.

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13190)
Hey, it's all good. I'm just kind of a smart-ass. It's all in fun, though.

Now being a smart ass is something I understand very well. :pot_stir: What's really going to be fun is having our little 10 second car. :drive:

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13187)
I'll be there Sunday if you want me to take a look. We can also pull a head and see what style of valve relief the pistons have. If they have the four half moon style the biggest valve we can run is a 1.94 which is what my AFR 165s have. If they have two larger reliefs then we can run 2.02 which is what the AFR 185 comes with.

Sounds good. Then I can let Troy know all he needs to know to assemble the heads.

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 08:50 PM

Blower Carb

Is this the kind of little Gucci bastard you're talking about?

There also seems to be Mighty Demon and Mighty Demon Barry Grant Blower Carbs (as above). Are there good sources to maybe get these refurbished or some a bit less?

joedls 01-09-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13195)
Is this the kind of little Gucci bastard you're talking about?

There also seems to be Mighty Demon and Mighty Demon Barry Grant Blower Carbs (as above). Are there good sources to maybe get these refurbished or some a bit less?

Hahaha. Yeah, they are kinda pricey bastards.

Vettezuki 01-09-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13196)
Hahaha. Yeah, they are kinda pricey bastards.

I'm sure they're quite well made and worth the price really. It's just a matter of exploring options and budget control. I need to look at all other likely expenses. One thing is for sure, once this thing is put together, I want it to work repeatedly and reliably. I don't want to dick around with a carburetor after every run because I saved a couple hundred bucks. RX-Snake will be a hot lapping brawler.

joedls 01-11-2009 07:12 PM

So, did you guys pull a head and see what kind of pistons you're dealing with? See what you could scavenge to use on the new heads?

94cobra69ss396 01-11-2009 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13246)
So, did you guys pull a head and see what kind of pistons you're dealing with? See what you could scavenge to use on the new heads?

No, I forgot about it until I just read this. I did start to pull the water pump and timing cover so we could check to see if there was a P/N on the cam but Ben doesn't have a harmonic balancer puller so we couldn't do it. If Ben can pull a head and take a picture I can tell you wha they are.