Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Obama health care penalty bullshit (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57452)

BADDASSC6 05-11-2014 07:33 AM

I was actually happy with the way things were before. Yes the cost of health care was increasing, but the quality was increasing and there were major advances in healthcare and medicine at a rapid rate. R&D is expensive and it's a cost that the consumer is not sensitive too.

kdracer73 05-11-2014 08:44 AM

I opted to pay the penalty, rather than $465 a month with a $10K deductible . Affordable-NOT !

Vettezuki 05-11-2014 09:39 PM

ACA managed to take a clusterfuck of overlapping ad-hoc systems and make them cluster-fuckier. Impressive.

Vettezuki 05-13-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 129835)
I was actually happy with the way things were before. Yes the cost of health care was increasing, but the quality was increasing and there were major advances in healthcare and medicine at a rapid rate. R&D is expensive and it's a cost that the consumer is not sensitive too.

I ain't no fan of Bush, but this made me chuckle. I'm sure it's a micro-aggression of some sort.

blackax 05-13-2014 10:26 PM

Single payer is the way we should of gone.

Vettezuki 05-22-2014 04:15 AM

Maybe we could get some sort of awesome combination of Medicare and VA . . . for everyone?

BADDASSC6 05-22-2014 05:54 AM

Yup. That would suck. One of my guys has been waiting for more than a year to close out his VA disability claim. It's all fucking bullshit. I honestly thinks we were better off before.

blackax 05-22-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 130156)
Yup. That would suck. One of my guys has been waiting for more than a year to close out his VA disability claim. It's all fucking bullshit. I honestly thinks we were better off before.

Yes that does suck alot, but why do you think it was any different before? because things where always better in the past? Sometime change sucks.

Vettezuki 05-22-2014 01:00 PM

I prefer change from suck -> less suck, not suck (A) -> suck (B).

ACA seems to be more of the latter than the former.

blackax 05-22-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 130174)
I prefer change from suck -> less suck, not suck (A) -> suck (B).

ACA seems to be more of the latter than the former.

I think that all comes down to the perspective you are coming from. For me the ACA changed nothing for my healthcare (same provider and same price) Some got a worse deal, and some got a better deal.

The ACA has put us on a better path to get our health care system back to the right path, and the old system was never going to do that.