Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tickets and Accidents (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   High Schoolers.... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=699)

94cobra69ss396 10-17-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 7505)
I had 1K watts in the Vette once upon a time. Took it out for the weight, stuck it in my Neon. It's kind of funny to hear my Neon go boom boom, I really only turn it up to joke around.

Weight? Who cares about weight? I have two amps, three monitors (my daughters have to be able to watch Star Wars on trips) and a sub. One of the amps is putting 300 watts rms to a 10 sub the other is putting out 280 rms to the front and rear speakers and this is the way I drag race it.

Your Vette is a lot lighter than my Cobra is. I want here your stereo bumping the next time you take your car to the track.

enkeivette 10-18-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 7513)
Weight? Who cares about weight? I have two amps, three monitors (my daughters have to be able to watch Star Wars on trips) and a sub. One of the amps is putting 300 watts rms to a 10 sub the other is putting out 280 rms to the front and rear speakers and this is the way I drag race it.

Your Vette is a lot lighter than my Cobra is. I want here your stereo bumping the next time you take your car to the track.

Who cares about weight? It's all about power to weight ratio. Ever heard of a Lotus Elise? The car with a Celica engine that can own a Viper.

Vettezuki 10-18-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 7565)
Who cares about weight? It's all about power to weight ratio. Ever heard of a Lotus Elise? The car with a Celica engine that can own a Viper.

Actually, a car with the same power to weight ratio but lower total weight will almost always out perform a car with the greater weight. This is why cars with relatively low power to weight (like the Elise) will eat up much more powerful cars in relative terms; the simply can carry far more speed through corners. Of course there is a lot to do with the balance of the chasis. But more weight means more inertia, means greater resistance to change in direction. This is why I think if the next generation Vette has a smaller engine with less power, but comes in at say 2,400 lbs with the same total power:weight as the current Vette, it be a major improvement.

94cobra69ss396 10-18-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 7565)

Are you planning on only racing your Vette? If so, then I can see worrying about the extra 50 pounds in stereo equipment. My Cobra is a daily driver so I don't care about the weight. Besides it handles really well even with the extra weight.

Vettezuki 10-18-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 7571)
Are you planning on only racing your Vette? If so, then I can see worrying about the extra 50 pounds in stereo equipment. My Cobra is a daily driver so I don't care about the weight. Besides it handles really well even with the extra weight.

Yeah, 50lbs of sprung weight (unsprung is quite different) ain't shit in a powerful car, unless you're talking *real* racing.

enkeivette 10-19-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 7571)

It ain't the 60lbs I saved from the Sub/ box or the 5 lbs from the amp, or the 10lbs from the rear speakers. It's the 60lbs here, the 40lbs there, the 2 lbs over here, the 13lbs out back, the 120lbs up there... it all adds up! If you want to lose the weight, trim the fat off of every corner.

94cobra69ss396 10-19-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 7580)
It ain't the 60lbs I saved from the Sub/ box or the 5 lbs from the amp, or the 10lbs from the rear speakers. It's the 60lbs here, the 40lbs there, the 2 lbs over here, the 13lbs out back, the 120lbs up there... it all adds up! If you want to lose the weight, trim the fat off of every corner.

Maybe you should quit working out then because muscle weighs more then fat does.:laugh:

enkeivette 10-19-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 7589)
Maybe you should quit working out then because muscle weighs more then fat does.:laugh:

Or just find a cute little 90lb girlfriend that knows how to shift. I can use her as my jockey at the track. Haha. but seriously, I'd never let a girl drive my car. :sm_laughing:

BRUTAL64 10-20-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 7599)
Or just find a cute little 90lb girlfriend that knows how to shift. I can use her as my jockey at the track. Haha. but seriously, I'd never let a girl drive my car. :sm_laughing:

Back in 1974 my girlfriend was 110 lbs. She could power shift ALMOST as good as I could. We made a lot of money with her driving. I let her go cruising all the time with her sister. The stories she used to come back with were great.

She never broke the car.

When she took the Vette, she left me a 71 Pinto to drive.:laugh:

BlacknBoostn 10-27-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 7617)
Back in 1974 my girlfriend was 110 lbs. She could power shift ALMOST as good as I could. We made a lot of money with her driving. I let her go cruising all the time with her sister. The stories she used to come back with were great.

She never broke the car.

When she took the Vette, she left me a 71 Pinto to drive.:laugh:

I actually raced my current girlfriend the night we met :)