Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   My 68 GT/CS (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37484)

Vettezuki 03-13-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 94036)
I like the look and it makes more than enough power with that engine. For the money I paid, you can't beat it. I don't know what you mean about extra lope. I didn't really have that. It was actually pretty tame.

The lobes are big an paralel AIR causing more variation in intake pressure than with a screw/twisted lobes. I'm not positive, I'd just guess it would have more variation in pressure.

Shaolin Crane 03-13-2012 06:04 PM

Its still going to depend on the cam. If the cam is mild, the blower will sound so as well.

joedls 03-13-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 94037)
The lobes are big an paralel AIR causing more variation in intake pressure than with a screw/twisted lobes. I'm not positive, I'd just guess it would have more variation in pressure.

Not in my experience.

joedls 03-14-2012 09:02 AM

Some repairs being made:

Shaolin Crane 03-14-2012 09:09 AM

Wasnt it wrecked on a loading ramp or something like that? Are you going to eliminate the leaf springs out back or did i miss that?

joedls 03-14-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 94069)
Wasnt it wrecked on a loading ramp or something like that? Are you going to eliminate the leaf springs out back or did i miss that?

Yes.

Keeping the leaf springs. They're mid-eye GT springs, practically brand new.

Shaolin Crane 03-14-2012 09:43 AM

What happened exactly?

joedls 03-14-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 94072)
What happened exactly?

Throttle got stuck wide open. This car will have a throttle cable instead of the linkage that it normally would have.

Shaolin Crane 03-14-2012 10:19 AM

Nice, i'm sure it happened to quickly to shut off the ignition.

joedls 03-14-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 94075)
Nice, i'm sure it happened to quickly to shut off the ignition.

Embarassingly enough, I didn't even think about it. I was entering our parking lot and there is a slight dip there, so I braked almost to a stop. Then when I tried to accelerate, the pedal wouldn't move so I pushed a little harder. Something was obviously obstructing it. When it broke loose from the obstruction, it went to the floor and stuck there. I tried to pull the pedal back with my toe and when I looked up, I saw I was heading over the loading dock wall.

When my wife came to the hospital and I told her what happened, she immediately asked me the same question you did. I promptly answered the same way I'm going to answer anyone else that asks this question.

FUCK YOU!!!