Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Met a guy with a cool custom Prelude (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035)

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 12281)
Wow! That's insane. I guess the methonal would definately get hte job done, but does that means he has to run it all the time or only whenit's on a heavy load?

Not sure. I think he said something about a 5 gallon tank for meth, so I'm thinking maybe all the time.

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 12280)
fixed

DAMN IT ALL TO HELL, I DO THAT ALL THE TIME. Stupid FWD :rolling:

enkeivette 01-01-2009 11:18 PM

:popcorn:

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 12290)
:popcorn:

:huh:

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-01-2009 11:22 PM

hmmm the how much meth is ran and how it kicks in question is actually a really good one im interested in the answer!

unless he has a stand alone ems then i doubt he is running it full time.

also if it where running full time then the 5 gal would go out on him quick.

the only thing i could think of is its activated when his vtec kicks in *no this isnt a honda joke* that would make the most sense, being as how vtec raises not only timing but compression and just like boost when the hightend compression kicks in thats when he would need a higher octane fuel to not detonate. thats my theory on how he's running his.

but i wanna here it from the horses mouth and see how close i got. :bigthumbsup:

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12292)
hmmm the how much meth is ran and how it kicks in question is actually a really good one im interested in the answer!

the only thing i could think of is its activated when his vtec kicks in *no this isnt a honda joke* that would make the most sense, being as how vtec raises not only timing but compression and just like boost when the hightend compression kicks in thats when he would need a higher octane fuel to not detonate. thats my theory on how he's running his.

but i wanna here it from the horses mouth and see how close i got. :bigthumbsup:

He was talking about the VTEC and tuning, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. If nothing else I think the engine bay and headers are kind of a work of art :bigthumbsup:

Vettezuki 01-01-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12292)

As I recall from bgn8711s Turbo Buick, the alcohol pump gets it's signal from the MAF, so it's continuously variable. Then you have a manual "trim" to turn it up or down, so nothing under low boost, bunches with heavy boost. In short pump controlled by MAF signal. Have no idea here. :huh:

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12269)
wow freakin impressive a 2.6L honda motor dang. its kinda cool i wanna hear this thing in person. the only thing i dont agree with is his N/A is best sticker lol but a freakin clean car none the less

LOL, I agree, forced induction FTW :judge:

I do admire him for doing something different though and for doing it tastefully.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-01-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12295)
As I recall from bgn8711s Turbo Buick, the alcohol pump gets it's signal from the MAF, so it's continuously variable. Then you have a manual "trim" to turn it up or down, so nothing under low boost, bunches with heavy boost. In short pump controlled by MAF signal. Have no idea here. :huh:

hmmm maf signal controlled meth interesting ive never heard of that. all the kits i hear of at least for imports are boost controlled and pretty much throw more meth the more boost signal its reading.

but then again there is something about gm mafs that make them easy to hack into...most imports actually swap out to a gm vette 3" maf becasue of its bigger size duhhh but with a simple signal translater kit thats pretty much plug and play kinda cool shit.

i do need to check out this turbo buick i think if i ever had a domestic id want to put that engine in it lol.....imma sucker for turbo's :-(

Vettezuki 01-01-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12297)
hmmm maf signal controlled meth interesting ive never heard of that. all the kits i hear of at least for imports are boost controlled and pretty much throw more meth the more boost signal its reading.

but then again there is something about gm mafs that make them easy to hack into...most imports actually swap out to a gm vette 3" maf becasue of its bigger size duhhh but with a simple signal translater kit thats pretty much plug and play kinda cool shit.

i do need to check out this turbo buick i think if i ever had a domestic id want to put that engine in it lol.....imma sucker for turbo's :-(

Technically, you're more of a "blower" for turbos.