Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   January Motorgen Meet and Cruise - JANUARY 10th!!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036)

SeanPlunk 01-04-2009 07:36 PM

Here is the route that we are taking for the cruise. My buddy pre-ran the route and said it's a lot of fun with some great twisty areas. We are going to meet at Nick's at 4:00p.m. and leave on the cruise hopefully by 4:30. This should get us back in plenty of time for the meet at 6:30. See you guys there :)

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12518)
Here is the route that we are taking for the cruise. My buddy pre-ran the route and said it's a lot of fun with some great twisty areas. We are going to meet at Nick's at 4:00p.m. and leave on the cruise hopefully by 4:30. This should get us back in plenty of time for the meet at 6:30. See you guys there :)

Your buddy is a hell of a guy. I think on this site, most people know who he is. :smack: BTW, said buddy hasn't copmleted the return leg yet, but we'll probably just shoot over to Euclid and down to Orangethorpe.

SeanPlunk 01-04-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12520)
Your buddy is a hell of a guy. I think on this site, most people know who he is. :smack: BTW, said buddy hasn't copmleted the return leg yet, but we'll probably just shoot over to Euclid and down to Orangethorpe.

I know he is, but I post this on 25+ boards and some people might not know who he is yet :thumbs_up:

BADDASSC6 01-04-2009 09:44 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12370)
Did a prerun today and I think the route is going to pretty much look like this.

The Canyon between C and D is one of the best, if not the best driving road local to these parts. It is VERY technical, you'll be continually steering, double apex turns, decreasing radius turns, continuous elevation change, on and off camber turns, damn narrow with an okay surface. Absolutely PERFECT for a ralley style car or shorter wheelbase sports car.

Should I bother putting on the sport cups:pot_stir: or will nobody be able to keep up with the PS2s:rolling:.

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 12542)
:)

Should I bother putting on the sport cups:pot_stir: or will nobody be able to keep up with the PS2s:rolling:.

No joke, you could probably run the whole thing in 1st, with touches of 2nd, it's that tight. It's not really well suited to a Vette's strenghts, but a ralley car. But it'll be fun for everyone who manages to keep i on the road. :smack:

BADDASSC6 01-04-2009 10:07 PM

Even if you could run it in first, I would run it in second. Much smoother throttle application. I did an autocross in third ( was too load in second:bang: 97db) and only lost about 2 seconds.

Let the tires warm up and you'd be suprised.:hail:

I would like to get with a fast group and video a canyon run. Nothing super illegal. Just some spirited driving and good lines.

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 12547)
Even if you could run it in first, I would run it in second. Much smoother throttle application. I did an autocross in third ( was too load in second:bang: 97db) and only lost about 2 seconds.

Let the tires warm up and you'd be suprised.:hail:

I would like to get with a fast group and video a canyon run. Nothing super illegal. Just some spirited driving and good lines.

Sounds like a hoot. I'll say this little stretch of road is technical enough that you'd need to run it several times before stepping into the throttle or bad things will happen. So we need to keep an eye on Sean. :nutkick:

SeanPlunk 01-04-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12551)
Sounds like a hoot. I'll say this little stretch of road is technical enough that you'd need to run it several times before stepping into the throttle or bad things will happen. So we need to keep an eye on Sean. :nutkick:

How dare you, the Cobra corners like it's on rails :leaving:

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12552)

The Cobra's fine. Its you. . .

Leedom 01-04-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12552)

Sean, you have been watching Pretty Woman too much.