Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Major Congrats To enkeivette! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44285)

Ryridesmotox 11-17-2012 10:23 AM

What kind of law are you going to practice?

enkeivette 11-17-2012 11:15 AM

The lucrative kind, haha

fiveohwblow 11-17-2012 12:42 PM

Not a state hired criminal defense lawyer then huh?

Not civil suits...

Corporate law?

Ryridesmotox 11-17-2012 01:14 PM

I wouldn't work for the state as a lawyer. Get paid nothing compared to big guns in law firms.

Vettezuki 11-17-2012 01:33 PM

I actually have respect for Defense attorneys. There are a lot of people who get railroaded by zealot district attorneys and for those without much means, the public defender is the only thing between them and serious punishment. Though there is no money in it relative to private defense.

Ryridesmotox 11-17-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107036)
I actually have respect for Defense attorneys. There are a lot of people who get railroaded by zealot district attorneys and for those without much means, the public defender is the only thing between them and serious punishment. Though there is no money in it relative to private defense.

Yea I hear you. But we don't want poor Enkei in the poor house. If he is a big baller like Johnny Cocheran or whatever his name is then that means we all get to take turns in the passenger seat of his Pagani Zonda... DIBS!!!

enkeivette 11-17-2012 07:16 PM

Id never buy a Zonda. Im more of a blown Z06 kinda guy. Why pay 200k when a 60k car will do the same

Ryridesmotox 11-17-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107042)
Id never buy a Zonda. Im more of a blown Z06 kinda guy. Why pay 200k when a 60k car will do the same

Status symbol... when you roll up to the local watering hole in a $200k carbon fiber bullet powered by 12 cylinders of AMG magic, the seas part, the velvet rope drops, and even the tightest of vice grip legs part. If I was making a million a year, I would probably be a sucker and buy one. I love those things. It's like Richard Hammond says, it makes you feel like you are 10 years old again, pressing buttons in your imaginary rocket ship.

But the car guy in me agrees with you. Not much better out there than 7.0 liters of supercharged destruction. Plus you have the old saying my dad (A c5 owner) loves "The corvette gets em wet".

fiveohwblow 11-17-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 107043)
Status symbol... when you roll up to the local watering hole in a $200k carbon fiber bullet powered by 12 cylinders of AMG magic, the seas part, the PANNIES drop, and even the tightest of vice grip legs part. If I was making a million a year, I would probably be a sucker and buy one. I love those things. It's like Richard Hammond says, it makes you feel like you are 10 years old again, pressing buttons in your imaginary rocket ship.

But the car guy in me agrees with you. Not much better out there than 7.0 liters of supercharged destruction. Plus you have the old saying my dad (A c5 owner) loves "The corvette gets em we. Necessary since they are post menopause."

FTFY

Vettezuki 11-17-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 107043)
Status symbol... when you roll up to the local watering hole in a $200k carbon fiber bullet powered by 12 cylinders of AMG magic, the seas part, the velvet rope drops, and even the tightest of vice grip legs part. If I was making a million a year, I would probably be a sucker and buy one. I love those things. It's like Richard Hammond says, it makes you feel like you are 10 years old again, pressing buttons in your imaginary rocket ship.

But the car guy in me agrees with you. Not much better out there than 7.0 liters of supercharged destruction. Plus you have the old saying my dad (A c5 owner) loves "The corvette gets em wet".

Zondas are up over a million though, not $200k. Hell a new ZR1 is $120k. If I were an oligarch, I'd have a Koenigsegg Agera R.