Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What car do you think is fast! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51361)

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2013 12:13 PM

No harm in trying, the trans is the weak link but there might be a 3link...

BADDASSC6 08-22-2013 05:28 PM

Evo X: 3,527 lbm 2013 Mustang GT Premium: 3,483 Lbm Just saying.

and

Yes Porsche GT3's and GT3's RS are very fast. I've seen ones that are WTC level of preparation run 1:47's at the Roval.

So here is my point.

-The fasted Drag car here is a Civic well guess what I've seen a lot of fast civics. Evo's came up. Everyone has seen a fast Evo. They are almost at the Vette Viper where you expect them to haul ass an you worry about what mod have been done. I still haven't seen a fast NSX or a fast Subaru not online. There maybe a couple of shops like AEM or GST that have them, but I haven't seen then in person and I haven't seen any on the street.

BADDASSC6 08-22-2013 05:35 PM

Now the GTR. The weakest link in motorsports for 99% of the population is the driver. I took the Mustang drag racing and dropped half a second on the 1/8 without changing anything including air pressure. I went autocrossing with it and in 4 runs went from a 51 sec run to a 46 second run. The GTR (and the Evo) really will drive itself. All the driver needs to do is know the line and braking points. As soon as the car is turned in bam, full throttle! Missed upshifts, no problem. Rev matching downshifts, no problem. Abrupt steering and throttle inputs, no problem.
I cant tell you the incredible amount of joy that I felt when that GTR spun in front of my in turn three at the Roval. That guy pushed it further than the computer could handle. FUCK YEAH MURICA!

Vettezuki 08-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120152)
. . . That guy pushed it further than the computer could handle. . .

For now.

KAIZEN mothafuckas.

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2013 06:59 PM

I know of guys with fast NSX's. The problem is they baby them like no other, won't let mechanics drive them, won't let models touch them, etc etc

Vettezuki 08-22-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120154)
I know of guys with fast NSX's. The problem is they baby them like no other, won't let mechanics drive them, won't let models touch them, etc etc

That's a princess, not a fast car. There are definitely fast NSXs in Japan though, both racing and Wangan etc. There's also obviously fast Subies in WRC.

BTW, Carlos, as you know the C7 Z51 is getting more sophoisticated with driver aids too. It has rev matching now, and apparently a pretty good e-diff. Stock vs. stock I'm sure the average guy would be considerably faster in a C7 than C6 for these (and other) reasons.

Leedom 08-22-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120151)
Evo X: 3,527 lbm 2013 Mustang GT Premium: 3,483 Lbm Just saying.

I read that the next Mustang besides having the IRS will be about 400 lbs lighter. That would be pretty sweet.

BADDASSC6 08-22-2013 08:40 PM

There is no basis to say a car is fast if it hasn't been to the track. To many of these young bitches think just bolting up parts makes cars fast, but the cars never get sorted out. Again, I've never seen a fast NSX at the track. I've seen NSX's with Comptech Superchargers, mugen everything, and Endless brake get handled by EG civics with H22a or K20 motor swaps.
Yes the new vette has a lot more user aids than the C6. The base C7 pulls 1.08g on a skid pad, goes 60 in 3.8 secs, and traps 117 from the factory. The electronic differential is awesome. They first came on Evo's and GTR's, but now Ferrari and GM are using them. Huge difference. When the funds are available I will get a TORSEN for my Corvette. I instantly noticed it on the stang.
If the new Z model has a dual clutch transmission I will have to rob a bank.

BADDASSC6 08-22-2013 08:41 PM

I will go one step further. I've seen fast Miata's at an Autocross. Never saw a fast NSX.

Vettezuki 08-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120162)
There is no basis to say a car is fast if it hasn't been to the track. To many of these young bitches think just bolting up parts makes cars fast, but the cars never get sorted out. Again, I've never seen a fast NSX at the track. I've seen NSX's with Comptech Superchargers, mugen everything, and Endless brake get handled by EG civics with H22a or K20 motor swaps.
Yes the new vette has a lot more user aids than the C6. The base C7 pulls 1.08g on a skid pad, goes 60 in 3.8 secs, and traps 117 from the factory. The electronic differential is awesome. They first came on Evo's and GTR's, but now Ferrari and GM are using them. Huge difference. When the funds are available I will get a TORSEN for my Corvette. I instantly noticed it on the stang.
If the new Z model has a dual clutch transmission I will have to rob a bank.

Ferrari has had e-diffs for a while (at least 430?), but the Japanese have had AWD trickery since the 90s that was pretty sophisticated AFIK.