Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Verdict is in, I should be in 700hp territory. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8606)

Vettezuki 10-02-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 33867)
I'd put my money on the Chevelle.

I would too. Not because of potential, but the Vette is manual and his trans/clutch is in a non-ideal condition. Shifts take for-ev-er. Also his suspension is setup for handling (i.e., minimal weight transfer). I'm not setup as hard and I don't hook worth a crap on a mere 390WHP. My 60' are routinely 2.0x" on MT ET Streets.

94cobra69ss396 10-02-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 33870)
I would too. Not because of potential, but the Vette is manual and his trans/clutch is in a non-ideal condition. Shifts take for-ev-er. Also his suspension is setup for handling (i.e., minimal weight transfer). I'm not setup as hard and I don't hook worth a crap on a mere 390WHP. My 60' are routinely 2.0x" on MT ET Streets.

My best is a 1.46. Maybe after we tune the cars you can cruise by my house and I'll through the slicks on and give you a quick ride.

94cobra69ss396 10-02-2009 04:09 PM

Adam, you need to come out with us so we can see what your car will put down.

Vettezuki 10-02-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 33877)
My best is a 1.46. Maybe after we tune the cars you can cruise by my house and I'll through the slicks on and give you a quick ride.

Sounds good. I wonder if I should come out on another day to check back pressure or if it's easy enough to do at GTR on the day. Theoretically it should only take a couple minutes to pop one of the front O2s, which are easily accessible, but you just never know until you've done it.

enkeivette 10-03-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 33867)
I'd put my money on the Chevelle.

With slicks on his and not on mine, me too. But how fair is that to Cambria?

Btw, don't forget guys that I am being conservative here. I'm NOT adding any hp to that estimate from the bigger lift, more duration, port matched intake, a 12:1 AFR over the old 15:1 AFR, or the fact that this time I have sealed head gaskets and intake manifold gaskets!

Thanks for the compliment Ben. :beer: Yours is the fastest cleanest C3 I've ever been in. And it has flippin AC!!!

enkeivette 10-03-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 33878)
Adam, you need to come out with us so we can see what your car will put down.

Agreed. But not for $60. I'd rather spend $130 on an intercooler and start that project than waste $60 to get a penis measurement, err, I mean a hp rating.

It's not like I'm going to allow some shop to attempt to tune my car. It's mine! Stay away. So hp wise, a dyno run is worth nothing to me.

enkeivette 10-03-2009 04:02 PM

Btw, SSCobra, your experience alone would yield a better ET. I'm not trying to mess with your turf here, because when it comes to drag experience, I have none.

Further, the Chevelle is a purpose drag car isn't it? I think the Cobra would be a better comparison to Cambria. I've never put anything higher than 91 in Cambria, and I never will. Not my intent with the car. Her job is to be able to punish a C6 on the freeway from a roll and look good as I drive the gf around on the weekends.

Vettezuki 10-03-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 33912)
. . . So hp wise, a dyno run is worth nothing to me.

We're calling you out. You ain't making that much power, and until you get your unit measured, it's just a bunch of compressed hot air. :pot_stir:

:lmfao:

Leedom 10-03-2009 06:02 PM

:gatlin:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 33916)
We're calling you out. You ain't making that much power, and until you get your unit measured, it's just a bunch of compressed hot air. :pot_stir:

:lmfao:

Them there's fightin' words!!

joedls 10-03-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 33911)
With slicks on his and not on mine, me too. But how fair is that to Cambria?

Put slicks on it. I'd still bet on Ron's Chevelle.