Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Multi-model Dyno Day and Motorgen Meet February 21, 2009 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097)

Phazewun 02-23-2009 02:06 PM

Well i think it was a combination of that and the crap tune or stock map.

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentbob97 (Post 16024)
Sweet! So then the plugs must have been the problem.:bigthumbsup:

No, the problem was 15psi on a stock computer designed for 8psi. I have honestly heard it's impossible to run a 2.8 upper pulley without a tune. Usually you'd blow your motor real quickly doing that. I'm glad he had Greg tune it and his numbers are very nice :bigthumbsup:

Phazewun 02-23-2009 02:29 PM

Ya he was stoked all in all a very good day :drink:

nordy racer 02-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15893)
It was really good to see you guys again, it had been a while. Good luck at training and we'll see you when you get back. Are you down to do Angeles Crest again in May?

can't make the May drive.. i'm not going to be back from training..

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16052)
can't make the May drive.. i'm not going to be back from training..

When do you get back? It seems wrong to go without you - after all you were on the inaugural cruise last year :drink:

A slight reschedule may have to be in order :thumbs_up:

nordy racer 02-24-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16074)
When do you get back? It seems wrong to go without you - after all you were on the inaugural cruise last year :drink:

A slight reschedule may have to be in order :thumbs_up:

not coming back in till mid July.... thanks for thinking of me :)

SeanPlunk 02-24-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16176)
not coming back in till mid July.... thanks for thinking of me :)

Nordy, I'm no math whiz or anything, but mid July seems like a whole lot more than 5 weeks - is the training multi-part or something? Maybe we'll have to do a 1st Annual Welcome Back Nordy Bonfire when you get home in July :bigthumbsup:

nordy racer 02-26-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16190)
Nordy, I'm no math whiz or anything, but mid July seems like a whole lot more than 5 weeks - is the training multi-part or something? Maybe we'll have to do a 1st Annual Welcome Back Nordy Bonfire when you get home in July :bigthumbsup:

i'm doing 4 weeks of "in house" training, then i'm shipped off for 16 weeks of more training.. firearms, hand to hand, PT, studying and stuff like that.. then when i get back, i'm on 4 months of OTJ training.. DAMN :judge:

SeanPlunk 02-26-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16379)
i'm doing 4 weeks of "in house" training, then i'm shipped off for 16 weeks of more training.. firearms, hand to hand, PT, studying and stuff like that.. then when i get back, i'm on 4 months of OTJ training.. DAMN :judge:

How big of a window do you have in July if we did a bonfire or something?

nordy racer 02-27-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16383)
How big of a window do you have in July if we did a bonfire or something?

don't know.. when i get back on a Wednesday from GA, i report the next day.. no breaks.. i will not know my normal 2 days off in till i get back..