Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   The Tale of the Stumbling Vette (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38085)

Shaolin Crane 04-05-2012 02:09 PM

The data logger on my SCT works great, unfortunately, only for Ford :(

Vettezuki 04-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 95269)
Those ODBII apps suck for real time data logging

Mine with Torque has worked in the past just fine. It's an avenue we may explore this weekend if he doesn't find the problem by then. . . . At this point, it looks like some weird combination of factors that's very hard to tease out.

Vettezuki 04-06-2012 01:59 PM

One 02 Sensor was acting wonky and a the coolant sensor finally threw a code. Replaced the 02 sensor and it drives better overall, but still has the primary issue. Going to replace coolant sensor. . . fingers crossed. Paul has been at it all week and he's about to set the damn thing on fire.

Vettezuki 04-06-2012 02:56 PM

Looks like it's fixed!

The primary culprit looks like a coolant sensor that was intermittently failing but not throwing a code. A lot of other things were improved along the way, the MAF was bugging out, and causing misses, an O2 sensor was a bit chaotic. Should run about as good as it ever did when I get it back. Hope that was it. Looking forward to a little romp time. :thumbs_up:

Shaolin Crane 04-06-2012 06:31 PM

Coolant sensors can definitely do wonky things, its a common issue on foxes

Vettezuki 04-06-2012 07:49 PM

Well, it's much better but not fixed. This is some kind of elusive bastard problem. Before I couldn't drive it hardly at all. THis time I went to pick it up and made it several miles, planning to take Ortega back (brilliant! I know). At the base I setup my logger, and nailed it and it did it, but just very briefly, then seemed to be sorta ok climbing the hill, for a while, then shit itself more or less. So then I turned around and it was basically fine.

It seems to be wors when accelerating from a slow speed (even moderate acceleration when turning), and if climbing for a long while. It's basically fine on the freeway, even accelerating. What a piss off. I'm really wondering fuel system something, but pressure didn't really drop when measuring before. The tank is a bit dirty and the filter/reg is over 10k miles and more than 4 years old, everything with long periods of sitting.

On the upside, when it was running fine, it seemed to be as powerful as ever, that's probably mostly the MAF if figure and the fact there are no more misses. I logged a bunch of data. I'll upload later.

kdracer73 04-06-2012 08:11 PM

The shop next door borrowed the scan tool today and I forgot to grab it.

Vettezuki 04-07-2012 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
See attached. Should work with Google Docs or Open Office (I think) if you don't have a current Excel.

Shaolin Crane 04-07-2012 08:14 AM

How's the TPS voltage?

jedhead 04-07-2012 09:16 AM

Is the fuel fresh? I had a tank of bad gas that cause my car to behave in a similar way. I had to burn through the tank, add gas treatment and burn through a second tank with gas treatment then the car ran fine.

Bob