Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FT-86/BRZ/FRS...discuss (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33346)

Vettezuki 11-03-2011 10:36 AM

I wonder what the prediction markets say. I'll check it out later.

kdracer73 11-03-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 86052)
I. Or maybe it's in a niche I don't see. :huh:

They do say you'll go blind, doin watcha do.....How hairy are your palms?

Vettezuki 11-03-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 86140)
They do say you'll go blind, doin watcha do.....How hairy are your palms?

It's a close call, but possibly more than on your head.

Oh snap! I went there. ;)

Ryridesmotox 11-04-2011 10:46 AM

Well it's settled next year... I'll be getting one. I'm not worried about the anemic power output. I like how its the size of a shot glass and with a little magic from a sponor/interested party... I'm going to shoot for 400whp. Should put it about the same power to weight as a current Z06. Still deciding on auto or manual. But I do know it's going to have to be a turbo, intercooled, E85 burner to get anywhere near my hp goals... And I'll lighten it up a bit by yanking the rear seats and tossing in some lightened front seats. I'll see you fellas at the track with this one for sure.

Shaolin Crane 11-04-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 86175)
Well it's settled next year... I'll be getting one. I'm not worried about the anemic power output. I like how its the size of a shot glass and with a little magic from a sponor/interested party... I'm going to shoot for 400whp. Should put it about the same power to weight as a current Z06. Still deciding on auto or manual. But I do know it's going to have to be a turbo, intercooled, E85 burner to get anywhere near my hp goals... And I'll lighten it up a bit by yanking the rear seats and tossing in some lightened front seats. I'll see you fellas at the track with this one for sure.

I'll be waiting, with both ;)

Chate 11-04-2011 10:59 AM

http://jalopnik.com/5855983/the-197-...ew-mazda-miata

more i read the more i want, if it really sticks at 22ish grand, i'll just get one as a dd (31mpg apparently) hope these scion folks dont price rape like the ford ppl (2011gt w 10k-12k markup at release wtf??)

Vettezuki 11-04-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chate (Post 86177)
. . . hope these scion folks dont price rape like the ford ppl (2011gt w 10k-12k markup at release wtf??)

It's just supply and demand. If people will pay it, it's not rape (coercion), it's the correct market price. It'll come down . . probably. Just wait and let others pay the premium. But if you just gotta have it early, you can pay what they're selling for or not, your choice.

It's just the flip side of markdown to move slow product, where by some standard *reasoning* manufacturers and dealers get raped I guess. . . .

Chate 11-04-2011 11:57 AM

i mean doesnt scion have that whole thing where you pay whats on the sticker? or can they still add dealer premiums?

Vettezuki 11-04-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chate (Post 86186)
i mean doesnt scion have that whole thing where you pay whats on the sticker? or can they still add dealer premiums?

As far as I know it is their business model to no-haggle on sticker. Nor do they go down. :huh:

Vettezuki 11-05-2011 01:22 AM

Just read a quick "Fiirst Drive" in MotorTrend. They were very positive, comparinig it very favorably tot he Miata, but noted it could really use about 100HP once you get used to it. Also, seems like 2,500lbs, not 2,700. :huh: That's getting pretty light, and if they make a turbo kit to pump it just a bit really, it'd be a hell of a fun driver in the real world for a reasonable cost.