Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   4x4 and Off Road (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   375 ft lbs of torque and 25 mpg (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23673)

enkeivette 12-29-2010 06:41 PM

Holy Crap Shaolin, I want to see a video of that beast in action.

Plunker, I'm getting it shipped. I was going to fly out there and bring it back originally, figured it would cost $350 to do it that way, and it would cost about $750 to ship it. But when I made the guy an offer, he came back with a counter offer at $500 higher, and I told him I could only afford that if he paid to ship it here (which is true) and he agreed. He probably gets a sweet deal on shipping.

How long did it take to ship your black Cobra out here?

Shaolin Crane 12-29-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 65415)
Yes, but you can make your own diesel (if you're mental). I looked into it once, it works out to well under a dollar per galloon. Down to like $0.30/gal if you can get free greese from loca restaraunts, etc.

You can make your station on the relatively cheap.

Or go gucci.

Or you can do a vegistroke kit, which contains itself in the bed of the truck. My buddy has it and has filled up his truck with diesel once this year.

Shaolin Crane 12-29-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 65419)

Plunker, I'm getting it shipped. I was going to fly out there and bring it back originally, figured it would cost $350 to do it that way, and it would cost about $750 to ship it. But when I made the guy an offer, he came back with a counter offer at $500 higher, and I told him I could only afford that if he paid to ship it here (which is true) and he agreed. He probably gets a sweet deal on shipping.

Me too, i went to the street legals in december, but the first pass i smoked my LSD. So i was losing traction all the way down, the cleanest pass(only spinning at the 60' and the 330') Yielded a 15.1 at 102mph with a 3.90 60'(crap i know)
I have trap speeds currently for 12's, and my calculator says in the ballpark of 700-750hp at the flywheel. When i get a detroit and slicks i assume i can even gain a few mph and get my et's into the mid 12's( i have friend with the same mods running 12.7-12.8's with 35" Tires and a leveling kit.)

enkeivette 12-29-2010 07:10 PM

I can't believe you're averaging higher than 20, do you switch to a tune that makes it more fuel efficient than stock?

Shaolin Crane 12-29-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 65426)
I can't believe you're averaging higher than 20, do you switch to a tune that makes it more fuel efficient than stock?

I *cough* removed the DPF *cough*
If i drive normal, mileage drops, but if i drive conservatively i get great mileage.

SeanPlunk 12-29-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 65419)

As I recall it took about a week. How much aftermarket support is out there for that diesel?

enkeivette 12-29-2010 08:20 PM

I dunno. Prob some for the ML crowd.

Vettezuki 12-31-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 65290)
Sounds nice:

In Europe, South America, South Africa and Australia, a V6 CRD engine produced by Mercedes-Benz was available from introduction in 2005:

OM642 3.0 L CRD V6 Turbo Diesel with Variable geometry turbocharger (VGT). It produces 215 horsepower (160 kW; 218 PS) and 376 lb·ft (510 N·m) of torque at 1,600 to 2,800 rpm at a fuel consumption of 17 city and 22 highway.

In North America and elsewhere this 3.0 L V6 CRD was available for 2007-2008 model years. It includes a diesel particulate filter to reduce exhaust emissions. It was not however available for sale in California or certain Northeast states, due to new stricter emissions regulations for non-commercial vehicles. Vehicles could be bought used in California and Northeast states, as the regulations only applied to new vehicles.

This engine is also used in the Mercedes-Benz ML320.

I wonder what these run on the AM and how'd they'd package in a Wrangler.

enkeivette 12-31-2010 11:12 AM

Am?