Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles County (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   RET Dyno day (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15212)

eric97srad 04-10-2010 07:52 PM

experience is key, right? I'll get there someday, I've just never really done much on my own - always had Ron or my dad to help me (read: do the work for me). This car will basically be my entire learning experience on racing and performance upgrades.

don't you pay people to do all your work?

mdpalmer 04-10-2010 08:16 PM

That was a great setup, they have a really awesome shop. My car put down 298 whp/257 wtq, subsequent pulls were less thanks to heat soak. One more reason why N/A motors are more consistent... anyway: here are a couple of vids.

The other cars, just some of them

My car

EDIT: one thing I want to say: I really love the sound that comes out of the supercharged Cobras. Frikken badass, nuff said :) 'Nother thing: a stock ZO6 that makes 440+ whp running rich is pretty crazy too...

BRIAN 04-11-2010 12:02 AM

Cool vid but little confused when it shows 212whp after my Supra. I put down 282whp.

Leedom 04-11-2010 12:37 AM

Saw some nice cars there today. I was not planning on running but wanted to see if my tune was lean or rich to adjust it. Turns out I was running about 13.5 AF. I added some fuel and I am not sure if what I am hearing is knock anymore as Sean could not hear what I was hearing. I might even be imagining things now. I did put down 290hp and 305tq which is about a 20 point increase on each with my Xcal3.

BADDASSC6 04-11-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric97srad (Post 49127)
experience is key, right? I'll get there someday, I've just never really done much on my own - always had Ron or my dad to help me (read: do the work for me). This car will basically be my entire learning experience on racing and performance upgrades.

It depends what work is getting done. I do my own suspension and brake work because I go through it so much at the track. Motor work is different. I go through a motor every few years. I would rather have someone who has built dozens of the same motor machine and assemble it than do it myself. 12 years ago (wow) when I was rolling my Procharged GT I did some motor assembly (top end), but with a parts bill of $12K (current build) I have to know it will last. Plus I really don't have time, but I do have money. That's why I went to college.

This concludes the Baddassc6 public service announcement. Kids stay in school!

SoCalC55 04-11-2010 10:59 AM

Good seeing everyone again (even though my numbers mysterously went down :bang:)
312 --> 309hp
328 --> 313tq

mdpalmer 04-11-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIAN (Post 49132)
Cool vid but little confused when it shows 212whp after my Supra. I put down 282whp.

Sorry, I went back thru all of the video I captured and I didn't add those clips that showed the higher hp, my mistake. I'll fix the video and upload the new one probably today or tomorrow. Your dyno chart had a weird bump up top, what made it do that? Good #'s man. Are you on stock turbo?

94cobra69ss396 04-11-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric97srad (Post 49127)

That's what uncles are for. I enjoy helping you out. You'll get quicker with experience. I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time. Again, that's what uncles are for.:motorsmile:

BRIAN 04-11-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpalmer (Post 49143)
Sorry, I went back thru all of the video I captured and I didn't add those clips that showed the higher hp, my mistake. I'll fix the video and upload the new one probably today or tomorrow. Your dyno chart had a weird bump up top, what made it do that? Good #'s man. Are you on stock turbo?

I don't think that is my chart at all, the lowest I made was 263hp. Thanks and yes stock turbo :)

Vettezuki 04-11-2010 12:33 PM

Go here for videos. More to come.