Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   1969 Fj40 Build (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12526)

Throttle Crazy 01-28-2010 06:49 PM

Vettezuki 01-28-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy (Post 43850)

I love my Wrangler, but these old FJs are special. :thumbs_up:

BRUTAL64 01-29-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43851)
I love my Wrangler, but these old FJs are special. :thumbs_up:

Got to agree!:drink:

Throttle Crazy 01-29-2010 09:13 AM

What does everyone think about the color? I took the parts out of the spray booth and was like, WOW, thats bright. The only wild color I ever painted an FJ40 was yellow. That was my first truck, another 1969 FJ40. When I took it out of the spray booth I thought the same thing. Once everything was put together it broke up the color and looked great. I went online looking to find one painted this color with the hard top so I could get an idea of how the finished product would look. I think it looks good. It should definitely draw attention. If I am going to change the color I need to decide now, before I paint the tub. My dad will look at it on Saturday with the grill, and fenders mounted to decide if he likes the color. So far he says he likes the blue. Originally I wanted to paint it this color but chickened out and painted all the parts white. My friend Adam saw one on Barret Jackson in blue and told me it looked awesome. He convinced me to change the color back to blue.

94cobra69ss396 01-29-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy (Post 43892)
What does everyone think about the color? I took the parts out of the spray booth and was like, WOW, thats bright. The only wild color I ever painted an FJ40 was yellow. That was my first truck, another 1969 FJ40. When I took it out of the spray booth I thought the same thing. Once everything was put together it broke up the color and looked great. I went online looking to find one painted this color with the hard top so I could get an idea of how the finished product would look. I think it looks good. It should definitely draw attention. If I am going to change the color I need to decide now, before I paint the tub. My dad will look at it on Saturday with the grill, and fenders mounted to decide if he likes the color. So far he says he likes the blue. Originally I wanted to paint it this color but chickened out and painted all the parts white. My friend Adam saw one on Barret Jackson in blue and told me it looked awesome. He convinced me to change the color back to blue.

I think the color blue you chose looks great. I wouldn't change the color, dad will like it.

Throttle Crazy 01-29-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy (Post 43892)

Vettezuki 01-29-2010 10:36 PM

I think blue looks great. I think a sea foam green might be kinda cool too, but blue is good.

Throttle Crazy 01-30-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43952)
I think blue looks great. I think a sea foam green might be kinda cool too, but blue is good.

]
Thank you for the input. My Dad looked at these pictures and at the truck with the front end on. He likes the blue also, so blue it is! Today I got the engine disassembled for the machine shop, the front axle disassembled and the housing cleaned up, put the bearings on the gears and posi unit, and mocked up the steering gear for welding. The new gears only come in 27 spline for the driveshaft flange, so I could not put the pinion in until I get new flanges. Monday morning I will order them and have them sent overnight.

Throttle Crazy 11-28-2010 09:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I have been gone for the last four months and I will not be back home for another nine weeks. I have been wanting to update this thread but have not had the time. Here are a couple pictures of the truck as it sits in storage, This is as of July. When I get back I will finish up the truck and give a full breakdown of the build.

Throttle Crazy 11-28-2010 09:24 AM

More pics

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more pics>