Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal Car Shows, Meets, Cruises, Racing (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   "Tour d' Orange", 1-1-2011, vids. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23793)

GTTS > Some 12-10-2011 12:56 PM

Corner of Ficher and Red Hill in Costa Mesa, 01-01-2012. Time, O-early.
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 88794)
This is all the info posted from their link...

"January 1st 2012 the 9th Annual “Tour d’Orange”. A two hour tour of some of Orange County’s best two lane roads. Arguably the first car event of the year. Stay tuned."

Not much info there:laugh:

kdracer73 12-10-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTS > Some (Post 88802)
Corner of Ficher and Red Hill in Costa Mesa, 01-01-2012. Time, O-early.

Well, I do know that much now... trying to nail down a time, so I can post it with 3 other clubs.

GTTS > Some 12-11-2011 07:25 AM

Tour-d-Orange

This was the last Tour-d-Orange (1-1-2011) run data posted, I would guess it would be the same as the last four years based on previous pics and postings. The good point is that a post was sent stating it was on for 2012. Link: http://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php
More information.
Meet at the corner of Fischer and Redhill in Costa Mesa. This is near John Wayne/Orange County Airport, South of I-405 and East of the 55 freeway.
Arrive by 8:00 AM, maps at 8:45 AM, DEPART AT 9 AM. The route will take approximately 2 hours and terminate at the In N Out Burger at "The District" in Tustin.

For the 2011 run I arrived at approximately 0730 and the muster point was stuffed full on all the surrounding streets. A few other peeps there had stated they had been there since sun up, lots to see. More smiles than miles, so I'm in for a dark run out. Hope this data update helps out, take care and have a great holiday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 88803)
Well, I do know that much now... trying to nail down a time, so I can post it with 3 other clubs.

kdracer73 12-11-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTS > Some (Post 88842)
This was the last Tour-d-Orange (1-1-2011) run data posted, I would guess it would be the same as the last four years based on previous pics and postings. The good point is that a post was sent stating it was on for 2012. Link: http://saleenforums.soec.org/index.php
More information.
Meet at the corner of Fischer and Redhill in Costa Mesa. This is near John Wayne/Orange County Airport, South of I-405 and East of the 55 freeway.
Arrive by 8:00 AM, maps at 8:45 AM, DEPART AT 9 AM. The route will take approximately 2 hours and terminate at the In N Out Burger at "The District" in Tustin.

For the 2011 run I arrived at approximately 0730 and the muster point was stuffed full on all the surrounding streets. A few other peeps there had stated they had been there since sun up, lots to see. More smiles than miles, so I'm in for a dark run out. Hope this data update helps out, take care and have a great holiday.

Thanks, that helps a lot...gonna tell every body to get up EARLY, to make the most of it. Frankie will be in Vegas, so shotgun is open if some one wants to ride along.

Shaolin Crane 12-11-2011 09:55 AM

I'll be getting ready for vegas too. My last hoorah before my life sucks for the next year...

fiveohwblow 12-11-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 88854)
I'll be getting ready for vegas too. My last hoorah before my life sucks for the next year...

Life will suck why?

kdracer73 12-11-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 88850)
Thanks, that helps a lot...gonna tell every body to get up EARLY, to make the most of it. Frankie will be in Vegas, so shotgun is open if some one wants to ride along.

This is how I posted it on my other groups.
So we can roll in together, I think we should make it a 7am meet time.....At Bristol and Baker there is a shopping center called The Camp, behind the Chevron gas station. We could just turn right on Baker and then right on Redhill.

Shaolin Crane 12-11-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 88857)
Life will suck why?

No truck, crappy cars. No money. Thats pretty sucky to me, i cant imagine life without my truck.

GTTS > Some 12-22-2011 06:57 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope good fortune meets you soon, please take care for you and yours.

God Bless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 88876)
No truck, crappy cars. No money. Thats pretty sucky to me, i cant imagine life without my truck.

kdracer73 12-27-2011 08:12 AM

In case anybody wants to meet up for this, here is my plan.
So we can roll in together, I think we should make it a 7am meet time.....At Bristol and Baker there is a shopping center called The Camp, behind the Chevron gas station. We could just turn right on Baker and then right on Redhill.