Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Project Management and General Issues (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033)

Leedom 02-07-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 14786)
Put it in the Project Log at 4:54 PM. ;)

Ben,

YOu need to update post#2 to say that the cage is complete. Way to go Ron!!!!!:drink::thumbs_up::D

94cobra69ss396 02-07-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 14842)
Not looking too promising that I'll be there. I hate wet weather. I got my fill of it when I lived in Seattle for 8 years.

Ben, I still meet you if you want to go. If you do want to go I'll meet you at your house and we can carpool down to Long Beach.

Vettezuki 02-07-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 14847)
Ben, I still meet you if you want to go. If you do want to go I'll meet you at your house and we can carpool down to Long Beach.

Let's do this thing. What time?

Vettezuki 02-07-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 14843)
Ben,

YOu need to update post#2 to say that the cage is complete. Way to go Ron!!!!!:drink::thumbs_up::D

Done. Sorry Ron. I just updated the log.

94cobra69ss396 02-07-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 14849)
Let's do this thing. What time?

How about I meet you at your house at 6am?

Vettezuki 02-07-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 14864)
How about I meet you at your house at 6am?

Oki doki. I'm not a morning person so you'll have to ignore my goofiness. :)

Leedom 02-07-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 14867)
Oki doki. I'm not a morning person so you'll have to ignore my goofiness. :)

... and don't laugh at his hair either.

Vettezuki 02-08-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 14880)
... and don't laugh at his hair either.

That really pisses me off. :)

Once I was at Home Depot and a nice young African American girl said ,"I like your hair". I was in full Jew-fro mode. No, I'm not making this up. When my wife (Japanese) gives me a hard time about my fro, I say, "black chicks dig it."

Vettezuki 02-14-2009 10:01 PM

Picked up the blower from Joe on Friday. Uh, yeah, we'll be needing to find or buy a new bearing plate at least, being split in half and all. The snout *might* be able to be welded. :huh:

Joe forgot the pan on Friday, but dropped it off at my house today. Later this morning I went to pick up the crossmember and trans mount for SBC and TKO for reference or possibly using. My pal threw in a balanced drive shaft for that trans and a TII diff. Probably won't work, but who knows. Oh yeah, he also gave me an unopened Wilwood Clutch MC. I'll probably go with a hydraulic throwout instead of mechanical linkage for the Toploader.

94cobra69ss396 02-15-2009 05:31 PM

Ben brought the crossmembers and the oil pan to me today. We installed the engine crossmember and it looks like it will be close for the SBF. It at least gives me a good starting point to fab from. Here are a couple pictures of it installed.

We also mounted one of my racing tires for my Cobra on Rx-Snake to see how they would fit. The rims are stock Mustang rims (I think from a 98) that are 17x8 and the tires are M/T ET Streets that are 26x11.5x17. The tires are about 27 inches tall and about 9.5 inches wide when mounted on an 8 inch rim and they fit Rx-Snake perfectly. I bounced the suspension and the tire just clears the wheel well without touching. So it looks like the stock backspacing for a Mustang will work well on Rx-Snake. If we install flares we should be able to run a 28x10.5 tire. Here's a picture.

Vettezuki 02-27-2009 01:38 PM

Shopping List for Big Swap Meet

HIGHEST PRIORITY
- Repair parts for 174 $350 (snout and bearing plate)

MODERATE PRIORITY
- Scatter Shield for SBF - Top Loader <$200
- B&M Hurst Shifter for Top Loader <$125 (including installation kit, rods, etc.)
- Alternator Bracket $$?
- Main Pulley $$?

LOWER PRIORITY
If you can find parts for the 174 first, then LT Headers <$200 (I think we'll have plenty of space with most LT headers because we will have stripped so much, I think . . . )

If you can't find parts for the 174, don't get headers because there's a pretty good chance I'll get that Turbo kit if we run out of ways to make the 174 work.

joedls 03-01-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 16472)
HIGHEST PRIORITY
- Repair parts for 174 $350 (snout and bearing plate)

MODERATE PRIORITY
- Scatter Shield for SBF - Top Loader <$200
- B&M Hurst Shifter for Top Loader <$125 (including installation kit, rods, etc.)
- Alternator Bracket $$?
- Main Pulley $$?

LOWER PRIORITY
If you can find parts for the 174 first, then LT Headers <$200 (I think we'll have plenty of space with most LT headers because we will have stripped so much, I think . . . )

If you can't find parts for the 174, don't get headers because there's a pretty good chance I'll get that Turbo kit if we run out of ways to make the 174 work.

Struck out on the blower parts and the shifter. I didn't look for alternator bracket or the main pulley because I think I have some in storage. I'll look next weekend.

I did, however, find a scattershield for less than your budget.

Vettezuki 03-01-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 16645)
Struck out on the blower parts and the shifter. I didn't look for alternator bracket or the main pulley because I think I have some in storage. I'll look next weekend.

I did, however, find a scattershield for less than your budget.

Great news on the scatter shield. Let me know about the bracket and pulley at your convenience. Those are easy bits to get so I'm not too worried

See transmission thread. I think we're going to have some sponsorhip that will allow us to use the Renagate sequential. :toocool:

We're down to the last couple attempts at getting the blower to work. . .

BRUTAL64 03-02-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 16646)
We're down to the last couple attempts at getting the blower to work. . .

The truck boys want to look at the broken parts. Tom, the welder, is at his shop again. He's got 4 broken fingers, but he could look at the parts also.

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 03-17-2009 09:26 AM

I'm still waiting for the laser scanner. So let me know if we're going a different route so I don't waste my time. Just think though. Lasers dude, lasers. :drink:

BRUTAL64 03-17-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 18049)
I'm still waiting for the laser scanner. So let me know if we're going a different route so I don't waste my time. Just think though. Lasers dude, lasers. :drink:

That is just plan "F" with the welding. The laser thing is first by all means.:drink:

Vettezuki 03-17-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 18055)
That is just plan "F" with the welding. The laser thing is first by all means.:drink:

Yes. The making our own billet piece definitely has way more "baller" appeal. So Aaron, think that way. The welding is our backup if there is somehow a major delay with the Laser plan. I'll get the bits from Jeff and Joe together.

Vettezuki 04-03-2009 01:51 PM

Roll Call for labor tomorrow, I expect at least enkeivette and later on, Death Cult

I'll be working from 1:00 - 6:00 at least. If you can come and work, great. be prepared to get dirty, there's lot of dirty jobs to do.

Leedom 04-03-2009 10:41 PM

I may be able to come. Kind of hard to steal away the weekend from the girlfriend.

SeanPlunk 04-03-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19613)
Roll Call for labor tomorrow, I expect at least enkeivette and later on, Death Cult

I'll be working from 1:00 - 6:00 at least. If you can come and work, great. be prepared to get dirty, there's lot of dirty jobs to do.

I can't go unfortunately. Alexis' dad is in town this week from Michigan so we're going to the Getty tomorrow. I should be able to help again next weekend though :drink:

Vettezuki 04-03-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19665)
I can't go unfortunately. Alexis' dad is in town this week from Michigan so we're going to the Getty tomorrow. I should be able to help again next weekend though :drink:

That's our meet and cruise day pumpkin.

SeanPlunk 04-03-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19666)
That's our meet and cruise day pumpkin.

True, but we could always work on Easter :laugh:

Vettezuki 04-03-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19667)
True, but we could always work on Easter :laugh:

That's Sunday, the boss's day. I'd cut out my own tongue with a rusty butter knife before screwing with that.

big2bird 04-04-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19669)
That's Sunday, the boss's day. I'd cut out my own tongue with a rusty butter knife before screwing with that.

Now THERE's a fund raiser idea. I'll go $50.00 to watch that. Anyone else??

BRUTAL64 04-06-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 19671)
Now THERE's a fund raiser idea. I'll go $50.00 to watch that. Anyone else??

I'll match the $50.00.:judge:

Vettezuki 04-17-2009 01:01 AM

Just an FYI, I'll be going to a wedding with the Boss this Saturday, so that's out for working. She also quit her gig recently, which puts a bit of a temporary strain on free cash flow and will take some of my time in helping with setting up a new gig. But no major changes, just a minor delay; effectively none if I can help it.

Vettezuki 04-23-2009 12:37 AM

Roll call for Sunday 4/26?

Tons, of knuckle dragger work left to do.

Vettezuki 05-09-2009 02:36 AM

Just so you ya'lls know, I'm keeping the hammer down as much as possible, but due to my wife ditching her gig and us starting a new business, both my free time and money have been rather impinged of late. The dough flow will pick up again, hopefully sooner rather than later. I was going to keep some bits from the donor car, but now I'll start selling them off for cash to put back into the project.

Vettezuki 06-08-2009 01:19 AM

Some stuff we've managed to get done in the last month:

My bro (Death Cult) and I have put in some time on the front and rear bumper, stripping out and prepping the interior, dropping the gas tank and various supporting tasks. Joe dropped off the remaining bits of the blower. I'm chatting with McLeod to try and work out some support for the clutch and throwout bearing.

Vettezuki 07-10-2009 12:11 AM

Role call for this Sunday from noon.

So far:
- Me
- Aaron (Death Cult)
- Adam (enekeivette)

Work that can be done:

- removing remaining bits and pieces from the engine compartment and undercarriage
- cleaning undercarriage
- continuing to clean interior
- maybe spray some primer to protect cleaned areas.
- Working on rear bumper (enkei if he shows up)
- working on front bumper (Death Cult if he feels like that kind of work)
- welding up the other headlight door on the hood
- welding up some smaller holes
- cleaning prepping and painting the block
- blasting, cleaning prepping and painting the scatter shield
- watch me scratch my head figuring out how to make a mold for the diffuser

There will be beer.

Vettezuki 07-13-2009 12:22 AM

Today we managed to put in a decent day. Here's some pics:

Continuing to shape the rear bumper. Bit by bit.

Death Cult began welding up the other cover.

Blast prepping the Scatter Shield

Flames make everything better. My new solar powered auto darkening welding helmet.

Behold the power . . . washer.

Prepping the block for paint. Adam in his usual work mode.

Thinking about Vin Diesel and getting ready to spray.

Tag Team

About this time, when I asked about painting the oil pan, Adam got very excited, started talking funny and insisted on Gold. So that's what we did. I guess it's best we didn't paint the block pink, as I originally intended to just to see Joe's reaction.

enkeivette 07-13-2009 12:43 AM

Gold is SUPERRR!!!

Vettezuki 07-13-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 26848)
Gold is SUPERRR!!!

Thanks for asking!

enkeivette 07-13-2009 12:58 AM

Vettezuki 07-13-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 26852)

That's almost a Ford blue neckerchief.

Leedom 07-13-2009 11:35 AM

Looking good.

Vettezuki 07-16-2009 01:55 AM

Calling all knuckle-draggers. This Sunday, from about noon. A special guest might show up. I ain't tell'n.

Vettezuki 07-16-2009 10:11 AM

A vid of us torching off the front wheel.

SeanPlunk 07-16-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 27099)
Calling all knuckle-draggers. This Sunday, from about noon. A special guest might show up. I ain't tell'n.

I think I can make it for once :judge:

Vettezuki 07-16-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27120)
I think I can make it for once :judge:

Come ready to get filthy dirty. I've got just the job for you :)