Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles County (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   RET Dyno day (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15212)

Chuck 04-11-2010 01:12 PM

I am kinda bumbed I couldent get a Torque reading because unlike the rest of you I don't run on spark plugs. So I went for just a HP run and it was only like half of what I expected 290 HP. I don't know if he let off when the duct blew apart or somthing else happend, but his shop was subjected to quite a bit of black smoke. All in all it was a great time Greg is a very cool guy shop was clean and frendly. See ya next time.

mdpalmer 04-11-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 49149)
I am kinda bumbed I couldent get a Torque reading because unlike the rest of you I don't run on spark plugs. So I went for just a HP run and it was only like half of what I expected 290 HP. I don't know if he let off when the duct blew apart or somthing else happend, but his shop was subjected to quite a bit of black smoke. All in all it was a great time Greg is a very cool guy shop was clean and frendly. See ya next time.

Haha, I saw that. I got on tape the tail end of the duct getting blown out. It kind of sounded like he let off a little early, but what do diesels rev to? They make a shitton more torque than hp from what I understand...

That's kind of strange that they couldn't get a tq reading though, that's what the dyno measures (and hp calc'd from tq). Do you mean you couldn't get an RPM reading? At least they could have recorded the tq/hp vs. time.

mdpalmer 04-11-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 49119)
Big thanks to Greg and everyone at RET they were bust'n them out two at a time so there wasn't much of wait.
I was trying out a new tune but it didn't do much it was the same as my old one except a bit leaner so i put the old tune back in, so here are my numbers
518.68hp 516.97tq

^ Dude, please post a video!!! Those are insane numbers. :bigthumbsup:

mustangray 04-11-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpalmer (Post 49152)
^ Dude, please post a video!!! Those are insane numbers. :bigthumbsup:

I would like to see that too...

Vettezuki 04-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 49155)
I would like to see that too...

Later tonight. Keep an eye on the videos thread.

mustangray 04-11-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 49157)
Later tonight. Keep an eye on the videos thread.

Cool, thank's Ben

Vettezuki 04-12-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 49159)
Cool, thank's Ben

Nice see'n ya two days in a row. Look forward to talking more about importing missiles and secessionist movements . . .

In the meantime, see the 2nd post in the video thread.

mustangray 04-12-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 49171)
Nice see'n ya two days in a row. Look forward to talking more about importing missiles and secessionist movements . . .

In the meantime, see the 2nd post in the video thread.

I had fun being the only Ford guy among all the Vette guys, seriously learnd alot loved the cars

mdpalmer 04-12-2010 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone else scan their dyno sheets in? I managed to grab the dynojet runfiles so I could make the plots myself, annotate them, etc... here's mine. Total oddball wankel, I'm not making 400+ whp like some of you maniacs, but it's still fun :) I really need to clean up my fuel map, it's too rich and erratic. Lost some boost up top too and timing is backed off a couple * up top... was hoping to hit 260-270 tq/310-320 whp. Man I'm full of excuses :)

silvein 04-12-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpalmer (Post 49250)
Anyone else scan their dyno sheets in?

I did, added it to the gallery for the S2K.