Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Azusa Canyon Cruise and Motorgen Meet 4/11!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2269)

kdracer73 04-02-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19413)
If possible I'd like to leave a little earlier in order to make sure we get back in time. I'd also like to schedule one stop like last time to get everyone back together after the canyon. I am thinking of having everyone meet at 3:30 and leaving at 4. Paul, if you're late for any reason, we'll wait for you though :bigthumbsup:

I will just book a phantom smog check for 2:30 that just happens to be a "no -show":whistle: .Then I can tell my boss I saved him $$$ by clocking out early !!

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:29 AM

I don't have a front plate. :rolleyes2:

Look if there is any possible reason for us to pulled over, this is going to be a bust. We need another route. We will be at the mercy of a COP. I've never found that to be favorible.:leaving:

How about Brea Canyon thru Carbon Canyon type route?.

Look I've been thru this shit many times, when they (powers that be) decide to shut down a crusing place or course, they will write you up fo everything possible. It's their call and that's NEVER good.

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19401)
I think most of us are legal, or so stealthy it'd take a very savvy cop to know.

And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.:leaving:

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 19404)
I'm gonna drive behind Brutal64 :sm_up_there:

As long as I'm following the Yellow beast, you should be able to keep up.:smack::thumbs_up:

You know I'm kidding??? Right????

Deep-GXP 04-02-2009 10:47 AM

Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this :mad: ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.

BobsGSX 04-02-2009 10:53 AM

hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsGSX (Post 19455)
hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....

It fell through due to lack of response. We'll try again some day with a different approach perhaps, but it was lukewarm at best this time.

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep-GXP (Post 19453)
Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this :mad: ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.

"My mountain . . . " I do believe that would set me off.

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19442)
And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.:leaving:

Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19459)
Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .

Legal by who's terms? If we are stopped and the COP is so inclined, they will find SOMETHING to write us up with. Right or wrong is not the point here, it is the hassle we will subject to. Some will get costly tickets other could just get fix it tickets. Either way I do not want to be subject to this. But, that's just me.:drink:

If the powers that be want us off that mountian they will get us off that mountain.:(