Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Azusa Canyon Cruise and Motorgen Meet 4/11!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2269)

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19465)
Legal by who's terms? If we are stopped and the COP is so inclined, they will find SOMETHING to write us up with. Right or wrong is not the point here, it is the hassle we will subject to. Some will get costly tickets other could just get fix it tickets. Either way I do not want to subject to this. But, that's just me.:drink:

If the powers that be want us off that mountian they will get us off that mountain.:(

Ok, as a matter of principle I'm going up Azusa that day. Period. I'll be goddamned if I'll ever be afraid of driving a legal car, legally, on a public road.

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19468)
Ok, as a matter of principle I'm going up Azusa that day. Period. I'll be goddamned if I'll ever be afraid of driving a legal car, legally, on a public road.

Sure, it's your call. I understand completely. Hey, nothing may happen. Standing up for your rights is always the way to go. :drink:

I don't want to be put in a postion of being hasseled when there are many more routes to go on. I just don't have the money to fight or pay for a ticket at this time.:(

I may have to pass on this cruise. I'll think about it some.:D

BlacknBoostn 04-02-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19472)
Sure, it's your call. I understand completely. Hey, nothing may happen. Standing up for your rights is always the way to go. :drink:

I don't want to be put in a postion of being hasseled when there are many more routes to go on. I just don't have the money to fight or pay for a ticket at this time.:(

agreed... I've got minimal money in the event someone tries to hassle me. I might pass on the cruise but will be there for the meet for sure...

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 19479)
agreed... I've got minimal money in the event someone tries to hassle me. I might pass on the cruise but will be there for the meet for sure...

You guys can go on a cruise wherever, no need to follow me.

Sean, set up a different route.

big2bird 04-02-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19472)

There is wisdom here.
Yes, front plates are required in Ca.
Yes, your vehicle will be subject to inspection.
An officer so inclined to may ticket you for "exhibition of speed/reckless driving", will be hard to disprove, and will cause a whole calamity of hardship events.
It may be my old age, but I avoid going into "harm's way" when at all avoidable. Changing the route to avoid trouble is an intelligent decision.

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 19493)
There is wisdom here.
Yes, front plates are required in Ca.
Yes, your vehicle will be subject to inspection.
An officer so inclined to may ticket you for "exhibition of speed/reckless driving", will be hard to disprove, and will cause a whole calamity of hardship events.
It may be my old age, but I avoid going into "harm's way" when at all avoidable. Changing the route to avoid trouble is an intelligent decision.

Sean is going to change it.

SeanPlunk 04-02-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19495)
Sean is going to change it.

Yeah, we can change. Does anyone have any suggestions? Honestly, I just don't know the area that well :huh:

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19490)
You guys can go on a cruise wherever, no need to follow me.

Sean, set up a different route.

You know I would follow you to Hell and back if it was necessary.:drink:

It's just not going to be that much fun if we're watching out for a cop around every curve. :censored:

Can you or someone do a Saturday run to check it out? Maybe they only do their shit LATE at night.:)

SeanPlunk 04-02-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19504)

It's just not going to be that much fun if we're watching out for a cop around every curve. :censored:

Can you or someone do a Saturday run to check it out? Maybe they only do their shit LATE at night.:)

I'm up at the Getty this Saturday so I can't :(

I think it's an excellent idea though.

Deep-GXP 04-02-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19504)

We got hassled around 4pm so it wasnt a night time thing. Screw going there at night lol im sure it's even worse as more people would go up there at night.

Sean, how about rim of the world over by big bear ? That was a very nice drive and wont be too far away from the original azusa location.