Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   The Tale of the Stumbling Vette (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38085)

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 02:01 PM

Good to know! There is a brand new station with E85 at the pump near by. I don't think I could make it out of my neighborhood right now. I really think it's something wiring/mositure related, but who knows for sure. . .

Shaolin Crane 06-11-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 98658)
Dude, I have HP tuners, I can datalog it as long as the OBD2 port is within reach of my laptop and the cable. I live in Wildomar, if you head over to Temecula again soon let me know and I can graph that mofo and wee can see whats up. Just one thing, I need to know what engine/mods you are running in that thing so I can make sure I have the appropriate config file.

I'll be able to see anything that the ECU will monitor, hopefully we can narrow it down.

Oh, one more thing, if you can find an ethanol station near you, that would be an even better alternative to the race fuel. The Ethanol has very high detergent properties, and its muuuuch cheaper than race gas, if you are looking to clean the fuel system a bit, dump like 5 gallons in a 20 gallon take and it shouldn't effect performance. you will be running like a E20 blend depending on what is at the pumps

Uhm you have that backwards, you dont want detergent in your fuel and you want to run something lime race fuel or avgas in it since it has no additives. Its also super corrosive to everything it touches. Personal opinions aside, i dont think it will help. Yes its expensive stuff, but right now i'm sure Ben wants his car back.

Ryridesmotox 06-11-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 98663)
Uhm you have that backwards, you dont want detergent in your fuel and you want to run something lime race fuel or avgas in it since it has no additives. Its also super corrosive to everything it touches. Personal opinions aside, i dont think it will help. Yes its expensive stuff, but right now i'm sure Ben wants his car back.

True, I kinda got the idea that the gas was dirty from the other posts, I didn't realize that they were all like 3 months old, Ethanol wont help at all in that case.

Damian 06-11-2012 11:30 PM

Honestly, your problem sounds a lot like a buddy of mine had. He thought it was a bad fuel pump. He pulled it out and found the wiring in the tam was all shorted out. Rewire the whole thing and maybe even change out the pump while you are in there. Go buy some cheap 8 gauge wire and redo it all. You can probably get the wiring for like $40.

Vettezuki 06-11-2012 11:55 PM

Here's the problem. I know next to nothing about wiring. Let's start with this.

Que es "tam"?

Damian 06-12-2012 12:26 AM

I hate autocorrect on this phone sometimes. It's supposed to be "tank" not tam.

Boosten ya 06-12-2012 03:15 PM

This sucks man. Hope you get it figured out soon.