Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Rim of the World - August 14, 2011 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30513)

Kozak 08-16-2011 03:07 AM

I've been sans PC for a little over a week and this forum runs like shit on my Windows 6.xx phone, thusly I've been incommunicado, so to speak. I could swear you guys weren't leaving til 3, so when I showed up at 2:45...anyway, my buddy(in the silver SRT8 Charger) lives in Yucaipa and make regular trips up there so we just went his way and stopped over at Lake Arrowhead's fine beachside McDonald's, lol. I saw Ben turn into the Von's parking lot, but continued playing follow the leader and figured we'd meet up at BJ's. We arrived at precisely 6 and when we left I noticed Ben's Vette, but was already on my way out, I guess we beat you somehow *shrug*. Anyway, I'll catch you guys next month, 3 days before my 25th birthday.

Vettezuki 08-16-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozak (Post 81298)
I've been sans PC for a little over a week and this forum runs like shit on my Windows 6.xx phone, thusly I've been incommunicado, so to speak. I could swear you guys weren't leaving til 3, so when I showed up at 2:45...anyway, my buddy(in the silver SRT8 Charger) lives in Yucaipa and make regular trips up there so we just went his way and stopped over at Lake Arrowhead's fine beachside McDonald's, lol. I saw Ben turn into the Von's parking lot, but continued playing follow the leader and figured we'd meet up at BJ's. We arrived at precisely 6 and when we left I noticed Ben's Vette, but was already on my way out, I guess we beat you somehow *shrug*. Anyway, I'll catch you guys next month, 3 days before my 25th birthday.

Doh! We got to BJ's a bit later than 6 and punted because the wait was crazy. Went to Fudds down the street. Sorry for the cluster fuck. But sounds like somehow you had a good time.

landshark99 08-16-2011 07:57 AM

I really wanted to do this run but
I was in Miami working, will try to make it next time

Redondo Jon 08-16-2011 03:13 PM

Damn Kozak I knew that was your car! We were all standing in the Vons parking lot when I just happened to look street ward and saw a BOM GTO drive by. I even said out loud: “That sure looks like Kozak’s car.” (I couldn’t see your wheels so…)

Kozak 08-17-2011 01:32 AM

Yep, 'twas me, threw Ben a rev when I passed him and then saw him duck into the Von's parking lot and figured, fuck those guys, they didn't wanna hang out with me either, lol, j/k. But yea BJ's was pretty busy, but when we got there it was a 30 minute wait and they got my group of 4 in at 20 and some change. I figured it would be a crazy place to end the cruise right at dinner time, delicious meal though. Anyway, I'll see you guys next month.