Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Soliciting Cruise Ideas for Remainder of Calendar Year (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31092)

Vettezuki 08-16-2011 03:32 AM

Soliciting Cruise Ideas for Remainder of Calendar Year

So what are some ideas? You know the old stand bys. I've planted a seed in "Small White Car's" brain to put together an LA canyon run.

The Dates, and current candidates.
September 11 - Something LA like previous Mulholland?
October 9 - Poker Run, Probably starting in Elsinore, through Ortega, ending at Nicks?
November 13 - Night Run (full moon on November 12), Desert would be awesome
December 11 - Mission Inn

NOTE: The night of November 12 (Saturday) is a full moon. We could do a late nighter somewhere under the stars as an option.

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2011 08:15 AM

What about the poker run? Something we should have set up soon if october is going to be possible

silverscmustang 08-16-2011 09:20 AM

We should do a desert run, maybe Mesa Grande?

silverscmustang 08-16-2011 09:46 AM

or for another long drive tehachapi is a lot of fun

Leedom 08-16-2011 12:05 PM

Ben,

What about that cruise that we did with the Vette forum to Palm Springs through Anza a few years ago?

Small White Car 08-16-2011 12:26 PM

Hey do I have to end up at sit down type restaurants or do you all mind paying through the same window you order your food through?

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2011 01:15 PM

Sit down ish

kdracer73 08-16-2011 02:55 PM

QUOTE=Leedom;81334]Ben,

What about that cruise that we did with the Vette forum to Palm Springs through Anza a few years ago?[/quote]

Hangover run from New Years day EDIT: I think we met in the Outlet center in Lake Elsinore..but you get the Idea....

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+...src=6&t=h&z=10

Vettezuki 08-16-2011 03:02 PM

Small White Car: Sit down for the hang.

Shaolin: Yes. Thanks for the reminder.

Redondo Jon 08-16-2011 03:30 PM

GMR four times in a row; just to finish out the year on a good note. Just kidding. ;)

Redondo Jon 08-16-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 81349)
QUOTE=Leedom;81334]Ben,

What about that cruise that we did with the Vette forum to Palm Springs through Anza a few years ago?

Hangover run from New Years day EDIT: I think we met in the Outlet center in Lake Elsinore..but you get the Idea....

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+...src=6&t=h&z=10[/quote]

Hey Paul. Have you forgotten?

Vettezuki 08-16-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 81358)
GMR four times in a row; just to finish out the year on a good note. Just kidding. ;)

Don't give Sean any ideas. :smack:

silverscmustang 08-16-2011 03:50 PM

that video looks like a lot of fun

Redondo Jon 08-16-2011 04:15 PM

It would be a great run if the road was cleared of all other vehicles, cops included, but since that’ll never happen… This is the run that kdracer73’s girlfriend Frankie became my hero. She flipped-off the turd that wouldn’t use the turn outs.

Small White Car 08-16-2011 05:26 PM

You guys like Phở?

How about Chinese buffet?

Vettezuki 08-16-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 81373)
You guys like Phở?

How about Chinese buffet?

Good Pho is great. If by Chinese Buffet you mean golden corral, mmmm.

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2011 08:00 PM

Down for either, pho can be good but oh so bad as well

Small White Car 08-16-2011 09:33 PM

Ima find something close to where we end up, it'll be a crap shoot unless one of you guys has been there before.

Neptune's Net is one but they have a large two wheeled contingent on the weekend. There is a brasserie in Agoura Hills that looks promising. Couple of BBQ places in Woodland Hills, can't find pho up where the white folk roam though. :p

I am seriously a bigger fan of food on wheels and not these foo-foo snooty 'Food Trucks' roaming around, I'm talking 60 cent tacos and $2 burritos made of 'meat'.

Best not to ask sometimes...

But I digress.

blackax 08-16-2011 11:49 PM

ortega highway night run!

Kozak 08-17-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 81367)
This is the run that kdracer73’s girlfriend Frankie became my hero. She flipped-off the turd that wouldn’t use the turn outs.

Hahaha, I've got a girl like that! I remember you telling this story just last month.:jester:

Vettezuki 08-17-2011 02:03 AM

Could be a girlfriend/chick/wife thing (don't recommend bringing all at the same time), but the Mission Inn in Riverside has killer X-Mas lights, decorations, ice rink, horse cart rides and stuff in December. That "could" be an option for December. :huh:

Vettezuki 08-17-2011 02:05 AM

See OP for evolving candidates.

Shaolin Crane 08-17-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 81393)
Could be a girlfriend/chick/wife thing (don't recommend bringing all at the same time), but the Mission Inn in Riverside has killer X-Mas lights, decorations, ice rink, horse cart rides and stuff in December. That "could" be an option for December. :huh:

Vanessa would pretty much make that a mandatory trip for us

blackax 08-17-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Meh I Guess it's because I live down the street, But I've never found the lights very interesting.

blackax 08-17-2011 09:11 AM

How about a 4x4 trip to? :inout:

Shaolin Crane 08-17-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 81412)
Meh I Guess it's because I live down the street, But I've never found the lights very interesting.

Women go crazy for shit like that, at least my lady does. All year long i hear how she cant wait for christmas again.

jedhead 08-18-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 81359)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W+...src=6&t=h&z=10

Hey Paul. Have you forgotten? Motorgen - Videos - Hangover Run Part 2

The hangover run was a lot of fun. Blind corners with a little ice made things interesting. One downside for me was I got some rock chips on my hood. There were a lot of gravel that was spread to help get traction on the ice that was on the road before.

Bob

Kozak 08-18-2011 01:16 AM

We got one of those on the ROTW run, a harley who wouldn't GTFO, 3 guys on superbikes pull up behind me and only one had the balls to pass me and my friend in the Charger. When he passed, I could see the anger in his eyes as he glared at the Harley, but to no avail, we finally forced our way around and I almost died from oncoming traffic. He was literally doing 25 and still slowing in the corners:bang:

Vettezuki 08-18-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozak (Post 81452)
We got one of those on the ROTW run, a harley who wouldn't GTFO, 3 guys on superbikes pull up behind me and only one had the balls to pass me and my friend in the Charger. When he passed, I could see the anger in his eyes as he glared at the Harley, but to no avail, we finally forced our way around and I almost died from oncoming traffic. He was literally doing 25 and still slowing in the corners:bang:

The worst one of those I ever experienced was coming down GMR. It was a couple old ladies in a Prius. At first I was really pissed, then just turned it into a game of "how many miles can I coast in neutral without touching the gas".

kdracer73 08-18-2011 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 81449)
The hangover run was a lot of fun. Blind corners with a little ice made things interesting. One downside for me was I got some rock chips on my hood. There were a lot of gravel that was spread to help get traction on the ice that was on the road before.

Bob

If we go before it snows, it would be better. I took damage on the April ACH run from some big rock. Bent my traction bar , which later rubbed a groove on the inside sidewall of my 100 mile old tire, and destroyed it.

DarkestSpade 08-21-2011 08:54 PM

I get Married Oct 8. I really was looking forward to a pokerrun! darnit.

sinaSRT-4 08-21-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

WIN.

:D

sinaSRT-4 08-21-2011 09:11 PM

Mulholland sounds great for September's cruise.

Small White Car 08-21-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoushNitemare (Post 81319)
We should do a desert run, maybe Mesa Grande?

Over Mesa Grande?

I don't think I'll ever get over Mesa Grande...

Sorry Leslie.

:p

Small White Car 08-21-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 81606)
Mulholland sounds great for September's cruise.

Whatcha wanna do?

I'm in a Go Kart, even smaller than you and a lot of the roads I know reflect that. I know a lot of the bigger guys won't like things like Tuna Canyon but guys like you and I can probably do without Kanan Road and Malibu Canyon Road.

So then, if you'd like killer twisties where I usually catch bikes lemme know, if you'd like a little less sawing of the wheel, by all means speak up. I know several over looks and turn outs for some nice photo ops, however we can usually get about ten cars in the space you guys fit five.

Vettezuki 08-21-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestSpade (Post 81603)
I get Married Oct 8. I really was looking forward to a pokerrun! darnit.

It's not settled. I'm thinking November to be honest for a little more time to plan.

Vettezuki 08-21-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 81608)
Whatcha wanna do?

I'm in a Go Kart, even smaller than you and a lot of the roads I know reflect that. I know a lot of the bigger guys won't like things like Tuna Canyon but guys like you and I can probably do without Kanan Road and Malibu Canyon Road.

So then, if you'd like killer twisties where I usually catch bikes lemme know, if you'd like a little less sawing of the wheel, by all means speak up. I know several over looks and turn outs for some nice photo ops, however we can usually get about ten cars in the space you guys fit five.

Compare to GRR which is 1.5 lanes at times and pretty much constant steering input.

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 81609)
It's not settled. I'm thinking November to be honest for a little more time to plan.

Either way we need to nail down a route asap

mikey-b5stg3s4 08-22-2011 03:54 AM

u know which meet i really enjoyd was the meeting up at irvine spectrum and cruise down pch that was alot of fun thats what we shpuld do before the year ends??

Small White Car 08-22-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 81610)
Compare to GRR which is 1.5 lanes at times and pretty much constant steering input.

Tuna Canyon makes GRR look like the 5 freeway through Irvine.

It's a four mile long driveway that starts off as a two way 1.5 lane residential street in the hills and ends up a one way, down hill alley to the ocean with a sheer cliff face on your right and a rather steep drop off to the left with almost no guard rails.

Now you can't really get going faster that say 35 or maybe 40 but the roller skate I drive doesn't really ever have to break speed, you guys in American steel and non-AWD Japadans might not like the action.

:huh:

Maybe I can patch up a dual route, one for the confident, one for the sane. All roads lead to Ro... I mean Malibu after all.

:smack: