Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Restaruant Recommendation for Vegas (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35580)

Vettezuki 01-11-2012 03:44 PM

Restaruant Recommendation for Vegas

Going to Vegas tomorrow on business. A friend of mine who's a foody recommended:

L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Bouchon by Thomas Keller

But I get the feeling these aren't exactly inexpensive places . . .

Looking for moderate price. Say around $25/entree.

Shaolin Crane 01-11-2012 07:27 PM

Prime is hands down the best restaurant in vegas, #2 on zagat and #1 in my heart. Expect about a $170 bill if you're not drinking. It sucks but good luck finding a sit down restaurant in vegas for that money, they're all sorta over priced. You either pay a little more and get a dining experience( like the patios at prime or top of the world) or you over pay cause of its location.

Yama sushi is a great AYCE joint off strip about 2 miles down flamingo. $20 a person.

Buffet of buffets is good $44 per person for a 24 hour pass to 6 different buffets, sprice market is the best(even better then caesars IMO) ask to be seated with javier, 5 star restaurant server you'll be pleased to actually tip.

Olives at bellagio is a moderatly priced place i guess. All the spots at the cosmo are good. Luxor steak house is pretty decent for a lower priced option.

My opinion is eat at prime and ask for patio seating and make sure you get it. The view of the fountains while eating is a must see and best carpacio and filet mignon i've ever eaten and the wait staff is always perfect.

Vettezuki 01-11-2012 09:30 PM

Thanks! Now I have lots of options.

I asked my pal and the French places are about $50 per head without drinking. Keller is the only American to ever receive multiple 3 Michelin star awards for different restaurants. While this isn't one of them, at $50, sounds pretty reasonable.

enkeivette 01-11-2012 09:34 PM

Buy a lunchable and take it to a strip club.

Shaolin Crane 01-11-2012 09:40 PM

Thats about what you're looking at for prime. I cant stress enough how much you should eat there. 10oz filet is $58, truffled mash potatoes are amazing, with shredded truffles. Carpacio is superb as well, $24 for that. The seared ahi tune was great too.

Damn just talking about it makes me want to do a trip just for the restaurant.

Vettezuki 01-11-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 90673)
Buy a lunchable and take it to a strip club.

Don't they prefer money?

Vettezuki 01-12-2012 08:30 PM

Everything was booked. I'm at The Wicked Spoon inside cosmo.

Shaolin Crane 01-12-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 90719)
Everything was booked. I'm at The Wicked Spoon inside cosmo.

Sorry to hear that, that place blows.

Vettezuki 01-12-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 90720)
Sorry to hear that, that place blows.

It was fine, just nothing special. I've certainly had far worse buffets!

Shaolin Crane 01-12-2012 09:42 PM

I think for the price it should be better. Not what everyone is raving about, should have let me know. I could have have got you a reservation at Prime.