Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ideas for Growing Motorgen (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25301)

Vettezuki 02-17-2011 01:46 AM

Ideas for Growing Motorgen

The idea was simple. Create a website that was not connected to make or model, but love of cars . . . all of them. (Or at least mutual respect.)

We've been around since 2006, and while we have a fair bit of traffic and lots of lurkers, we'd really like to grow our real user base.

What kinds of things could we do to further our mission?

Shaolin Crane 02-17-2011 08:34 AM

Get all our cars running?

89StangGuy 02-17-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 68779)
Get all our cars running?

Haha! :thumbs_up:[

Throttle Crazy 02-17-2011 10:01 AM

Get some HOOTERS girls on line.:thumbs_up:

A Chevrolet dealer in AZ. had a Hooters BBQ and it was crazy how many people came. The manager told me the next day female complaint calls started coming in.:laugh:

09sscalicobalt 02-17-2011 01:33 PM

advertise on other forums like sean does he posts up on cobaltss.net theres also jbody.org and we post up the meets on our site too socalecotecs forum

Vettezuki 02-17-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt (Post 68812)
advertise on other forums like sean does he posts up on cobaltss.net theres also jbody.org and we post up the meets on our site too socalecotecs forum

We've been hitting a couple dozen boards for a while, posting up our meets. It's a little touchy promoting the events of one board on another (in some cases), but we've done ok there. Thanks for the tip on jbody.org, we'll need to review our list and see what we're missing.

Brodom 02-17-2011 02:20 PM

Make a chapter in Northern California dag nab it! Sure could use one... Motorgen is a lot like Davis Motor Sports Club but I wouldn't mind helping create something that not school affiliated. A good amount of members but they are primarilly students, A motorgen chapter up here would coinside with Davis Motor sports and probably get more members from Sac and the bay area once word gets around... just an idea anyways... :D

Vettezuki 02-17-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodom (Post 68817)
Make a chapter in Northern California dag nab it! Sure could use one... Motorgen is a lot like Davis Motor Sports Club but I wouldn't mind helping create something that not school affiliated. A good amount of members but they are primarilly students, A motorgen chapter up here would coinside with Davis Motor sports and probably get more members from Sac and the bay area once word gets around... just an idea anyways... :D

We're not really a club with chapters. All those persons are certainly welcome to join MG (the idea).

To that end, we could change the "Southern California Events" section to just California, or something like that. Also, you're more than welcome to "represent" up in NorCal if you like. Give me some ideas on how you think it might work to appeal to the folks up there.

Chuck 02-17-2011 03:43 PM

For Nor Cal you got to change it to Hella Acceleration!!! :rolling:

jedhead 02-17-2011 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For you Hooter fans we can get a run at Hooters. The last time I went, my brother in law and I took my 15 year old nephew and my ex-wife's son with us. I bought them both a souvenir set and watched the girls tease them to death signing their T-Shirts. My ex's son had trouble looking at faces.

Bob