Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Motorcycle (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Should I pull the Trigger (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672)

Vettezuki 09-13-2008 01:44 AM

Should I pull the Trigger

Ok, so over time I've had an on/off hankering to get a bike with a recent flare up that really hasn't subsided. So now, an unusual opportunity has presented itself to buy an absolutely pristine 2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200s for under $2k because of a Colleague moving over seas. Part of me says, duh, slam dunk. YOu can figure out if you really like riding or not for little cost and if it doesn't work out, you can get back nearly all you spend. Then there's part of me that says build more character and resist temptation. Damn it.

BRUTAL64 09-13-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 6219)
Ok, so over time I've had an on/off hankering to get a bike with a recent flare up that really hasn't subsided. So now, an unusual opportunity has presented itself to buy an absolutely pristine 2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200s for under $2k because of a Colleague moving over seas. Part of me says, duh, slam dunk. YOu can figure out if you really like riding or not for little cost and if it doesn't work out, you can get back nearly all you spend. Then there's part of me that says build more character and resist temptation. Damn it.

Character is over rated. Sometimes "whims" are fate slapping you in the face.:D

enkeivette 09-13-2008 10:21 PM

Buy it. You need lots of toys in life to be happy, this is the teaching of Buddah.

Happiness to me would be owning a:

Long travel truck
Blown Stingray :)
STI as my DD
Superbike, an GSXR750 or an R6 would do it.
Dirtbike
Jet Skiis :)
Snowmobiles (although my friend promised he'd buy a pair of those since I got the Skiis)
Supercar, a Venom Viper or a Mosler would do it. I'm not picky.

...even if it means living in an apt.

CorruptCulture 09-14-2008 09:59 AM

New option in the poll, "I'll buy it myself."

Chate 09-14-2008 12:29 PM

buy it!

heypal 09-14-2008 10:53 PM

id buy it learn how to ride...somewhere safe and then see if you like it.

SeanPlunk 09-15-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 6271)
id buy it learn how to ride...somewhere safe and then see if you like it.

Word on the street is that you got a new bike, care to tell us about it?

heypal 09-15-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 6284)
Word on the street is that you got a new bike, care to tell us about it?

I rather show you but since I've been really sick and working 12-14hr days I haven't gotten to take pics yet...I'll start a new thread and get some stock Suzuki pics up there.

:)

SeanPlunk 09-15-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 6334)
I rather show you but since I've been really sick and working 12-14hr days I haven't gotten to take pics yet...I'll start a new thread and get some stock Suzuki pics up there.

:)

Sounds cool :bigthumbsup: Congrats by the way - it sounds like a hell of a bike :hail:

Vettezuki 10-26-2008 10:26 PM

Got It

BTW, I got it.