Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Met a guy with a cool custom Prelude (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1035)

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 06:41 PM

Met a guy with a cool custom Prelude

Today one of my friends brought over a buddy of his who has been building up his custom Prelude. He wanted to do something different and not do forced induction. His goal was a normally aspirated 4 cyl with 400+hp. The work is impressive: custom paint, a totally beautiful fabricated header, built motor, etc. The car revs to over 10k rpms. Here are some pics and a list of mods:

I think Max will get on here eventually and he can tell you more about it then.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-01-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12261)
Today one of my friends brought over a buddy of his who has been building up his custom Prelude. He wanted to do something different and not do forced induction. His goal was a normally aspirated 4 cyl with 400+hp. The work is impressive: custom paint, a totally beautiful fabricated header, built motor, etc. The car revs to over 10k rpms. Here are some pics and a list of mods:

I think Max will get on here eventually and he can tell you more about it then.

wow freakin impressive a 2.6L honda motor dang. its kinda cool i wanna hear this thing in person. the only thing i dont agree with is his N/A is best sticker lol but a freakin clean car none the less

Vettezuki 01-01-2009 09:02 PM

VERY impressive. My only question is weren't these FWD? Torque Steer? Even though, awesome skills.

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 12269)
wow freakin impressive a 2.6L honda motor dang. its kinda cool i wanna hear this thing in person. the only thing i dont agree with is his N/A is best sticker lol but a freakin clean car none the less

I thought so too. I think the whole thing is kind of cool and tastefully done. He is currently getting some head work done, but should have it back up and running soon. I'll make sure we get a video :)

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12273)
VERY impressive. My only question is weren't these FWD? Torque Steer? Even though, awesome skills.

They are FWD, but he indicated the torque steer wasn't so bad. I'll ask him more about it later or hopefully he'll sign up and enlighten us :bigthumbsup:

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-01-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12276)
They are FWD, but he indicated the torque steer wasn't so bad. I'll ask him more about it later or hopefully he'll sign up and enlighten us :bigthumbsup:

lsd and better tires usually make tq steer managable. my 04 evo turned to front wheel drive when the transfercase when out and the turbo kickin in so fast is what made it violent same with the srt-4 on an N/A car with a smoother powerband it should be more managable

BADDASSC6 01-01-2009 09:30 PM

13.5 compression:nuts: What fuel is he running? Serious build. Any dyno sheets or runs made. 400hp is alot for 2.6 even with revving to 10k and 13.5 compression.

SeanPlunk 01-01-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 12278)
13.5 compression:nuts: What fuel is he running? Serious build. Any dyno sheets or runs made. 400hp is alot for 2.6 even with revving to 10k and 13.5 compression.

He is running 91 octane + methanol. I think the 400hp is flywheel, not rwhp.

heypal 01-01-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12279)
He is running 91 octane + methanol. I think the 400hp is flywheel, not fwhp.

fixed

BADDASSC6 01-01-2009 09:54 PM

Wow! That's insane. I guess the methonal would definately get hte job done, but does that means he has to run it all the time or only whenit's on a heavy load?