Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   ASA Performance will SCAM you. Don't buy from abad71camaro at abad71camaro.com (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41963)

enkeivette 08-25-2012 02:58 AM

ASA Performance will SCAM you. Don't buy from abad71camaro at abad71camaro.com

Bought an "electric fan with mounting kit" off of ebay from abad71camaro, and selected a quantity of 2, so it makes sense that I would get 2 fans and 2 mounting kits right? The seller didnt seem to think so. When I told him about the problem, his response was that he couldn't help me because "all shortages" (sounds like it happens a lot :crap:) must be reported in 7 days!! I don't think the package even got to my house in 7 days.

What a cheap piece of shit. Avoid ebay seller abad71camaro and asa performance - abad71camaro.com - asaperformance.net unless you're ok with not getting what you purchased, and rude customer service.

Vettezuki 08-25-2012 03:30 AM

Wonder if we should start a Good Experience and a Bad Experience sticky thread?

94cobra69ss396 08-25-2012 07:09 AM

That's not what it states on the Policies section of his website "Orders with any missing, defective or damaged parts must be reported within one (1) days of shipment receipt. Claims reported after two (1) days of receipt will result in denial of any claim."

Did you pay by credit card? If so, charge it back.

Damian 08-25-2012 10:12 AM

If you paid with PayPal, report it. You can even report it to eBay as well.

Damian 08-25-2012 10:23 AM

I was looking at his return policy and it says 14 days.

enkeivette 08-25-2012 12:17 PM

It was only a second mounting kit, cost me $5 to replace. Its not worth the 20 mins on the phone I would have to spend, and what a jerk off he doesnt even know his own return policy. Either way Im past the time limit by now, but who cares? This wasn't a defective product, it was a missing product, do the honorable thing and make your customer whole ya know?

Maybe so Ben, but I dont know how often the good seller reports would be done. 99% of internet sellers out there are good, so theres not much use, just a good idea to spread the word about the bad ones.

enkeivette 08-25-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 102294)
That's not what it states on the Policies section of his website "Orders with any missing, defective or damaged parts must be reported within one (1) days of shipment receipt. Claims reported after two (1) days of receipt will result in denial of any claim."

Did you pay by credit card? If so, charge it back.

Ya that disclaimer is useless, all products have a 30 day warranty of merhantability under the ucc. And flat out failure to deliver a product has only a 2 year statute of limitation technically. But who would sue for a $5 part?

And internet orders are not deemed accepted until after receipt, so the date of purchase is usually irrelevant.

Shaolin Crane 08-25-2012 01:00 PM

Just call visa, it's a 3 min phone call and its always redeeming to spite someone that fucked you over, maybe it's the German in me? :huh:

Damian 08-25-2012 01:27 PM

Make sure you say what happened on his feedback.

Ryridesmotox 08-26-2012 08:36 PM

I would call my credit card company and say that they sent you an incomplete order and they will not make you whole. The credit card company will reverse the charge, and bang, free fan kit

By the way, thanks for hte heads up, hopefully it will help someone