Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Engine Related (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054)

joedls 01-02-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12325)
I do have a hoist, just need to put it back together. I'm more than happy to come pick it up from you at your convenience. I'll PM you with my info.

Thanks, I'll call you this weekend. Either way, I'd be glad to haul them to your place or you can pick it up. They are stored at my place of business, here by Angel Stadium, so it's not that far from you.

Vettezuki 01-05-2009 02:38 PM

SBF and Trans Pickup

Just picked up the engine and trans from joedls. Also completed transfer of ownership. I was relieved to find there were no problems with the title and it went smooth as pie. The gal at AAA said she had heard of something like the show car regsitration (easier than the custom built), but wasn't sure because AAA doesn't handle that.

Vettezuki 01-05-2009 02:39 PM

Head Work

BRUTAL64, when can you receive the heads? Also, did you say you were in need of something you don't have in order to do a top flight job on them? If so, what is it.

Vettezuki 01-05-2009 02:43 PM

Repairing the 174

joedls, what do you need to repair the 174? Are their repair kits? Is there a way we can help to get you what you need?

joedls 01-05-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12624)
joedls, what do you need to repair the 174? Are their repair kits? Is there a way we can help to get you what you need?

I need the shaft housing and an end plate. I'm pretty sure the shaft housing can be purchased, but I haven't been able to find an end plate. That's why I said we might need to go to some swap meets. Anyone wanna join me at the next Pomona and Long Beach swap meets? Pomona is 1/18 and Long Beach is 1/11 & 2/8. I'm not sure I can make 1/11, but I could make 2/8.

big2bird 01-05-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12624)

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...201+4294840126

BRUTAL64 01-05-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12622)
BRUTAL64, when can you receive the heads? Also, did you say you were in need of something you don't have in order to do a top flight job on them? If so, what is it.

What I need is a seat grinder and a valve grinder. I sold both mine 10 years ago.:o

You say top flight??? Hell, I thought you wanted them "ported" not "pretty".:D

big2bird 01-05-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12630)
What I need is a seat grinder and a valve grinder. I sold both mine 10 years ago.:o

You say top flight??? Hell, I thought you wanted them "ported" not "pretty".:D

I gota guy in Placentia that is pretty cheap. He did the heads on one of Leno's duesenbergs, so he is good too.

big2bird 01-05-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 12625)
I need the shaft housing and an end plate. I'm pretty sure the shaft housing can be purchased, but I haven't been able to find an end plate. That's why I said we might need to go to some swap meets. Anyone wanna join me at the next Pomona and Long Beach swap meets? Pomona is 1/18 and Long Beach is 1/11 & 2/8. I'm not sure I can make 1/11, but I could make 2/8.

ben, One of the guys ta DC works for Wieand in R&D. Snuggle up boy.:sm_laughing:

joedls 01-05-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12635)
What I need is a valve grinder set and a valve grinding machine. If we want to put in bigger valves you'll need to get the cambers cut--unshrouded.

You want "Top flight". Hell, I thought you wanted them "ported" not 'pretty".:)

I'll also need the intake and the header or header gasket --- also the intake gasket we are going to use.

I'm going to have to fix BOTH my Makitas--not a real problem.

What's the time frame you are looking at???? Be real here.:motorsmile:

The intake is going to depend on whether or not I can get this blower back together. If not, someone needs to decide what intake will be used. Does anyone make a header for this swap?