Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Looking for 93-02 Camaro for a magazine install. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12359)

94cobra69ss396 01-21-2010 10:29 AM

Looking for 93-02 Camaro for a magazine install.

Hey, I wanted to check and see anybody has a 4th generation Camaro 93-02 that might be interested in allowing GTR High Performance to use their car for a tech story/project for Chevy Enthusiast Magazine. This will be a suspension build up story, so the Camaro must have a fairly stock suspension to begin with. Lowering springs are OK and performance shocks OK too. It would be a partially sponsored deal (50% off) from the manufacturers and from GTR, so they would be getting a huge savings.

Anyhow, here is a list of the items that will be installed for the story:
Adjustable panhard bar,
Strut tower brace
Rear Lower control arms
Rear lower control arm relocation brackets

Possible: may add subframe connectors to it as an option

Oh, it must be a Chevy Camaro (no Firebirds, etc...since it is a Chevy Magazine.

SeanPlunk 01-21-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 43180)
Hey, I wanted to check and see anybody has a 4th generation Camaro 93-02 that might be interested in allowing GTR High Performance to use their car for a tech story/project for Chevy Enthusiast Magazine. This will be a suspension build up story, so the Camaro must have a fairly stock suspension to begin with. Lowering springs are OK and performance shocks OK too. It would be a partially sponsored deal (50% off) from the manufacturers and from GTR, so they would be getting a huge savings.

Adjustable panhard bar,
Strut tower brace
Rear Lower control arms

Oh, it must be a Chevy Camaro (no Firebirds, etc...since it is a Chevy Magazine.

I found someone interested on LS1tech - should I have them contact GTR?

Vettezuki 01-21-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 43180)

Adjustable panhard bar,
Strut tower brace
Rear Lower control arms

Wait a minute, what year was the one you picked up for your pop?

SeanPlunk 01-21-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43205)

It's a third gen I believe.

94cobra69ss396 01-21-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 43201)
I found someone interested on LS1tech - should I have them contact GTR?

Have him register here and PM me so I can talk to him first. Then I'll have him contact GTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43205)

Mine's a 3rd gen (1983).

Vettezuki 01-21-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 43209)
. . .
Mine's a 3rd gen (1983).

Wasn't that a Crossfire Injection engine (maybe it was 84). If so, and you have the original L83 with the upper intake and airbox, I've heard they're worth a little bit of money (the intake/airbox, not the engine so much).

SeanPlunk 01-21-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 43209)
Have him register here and PM me so I can talk to him first. Then I'll have him contact GTR.

Mine's a 3rd gen (1983).

I just told him to PM you. Hopefully you hear something soon :thumbs_up:

94cobra69ss396 01-21-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43211)
Wasn't that a Crossfire Injection engine (maybe it was 84). If so, and you have the original L83 with the upper intake and airbox, I've heard they're worth a little bit of money (the intake/airbox, not the engine so much).

Nope, mine had a carb. I believe '84 was the first year for the crossfire injection in the Camaro but it was crap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 43212)
I just told him to PM you. Hopefully you hear something soon :thumbs_up:

Thanks Sean, I'll wait to hear from him.

Leedom 01-21-2010 10:46 PM

Lets get some crap for a 03-04 Mach1 magazine install!!

kdracer73 01-22-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 43211)

Heres the scoop !! Whaoooo 165hp !!

[edit] 1982

The Z28 came standard with the 5.0 LG4 4bbl V8 or the optional LU5 twin TBI `Cross Fire Injection' 5.0 L. The carbureted engine was available with either a four-speed manual or three-speed automatic transmission and put out a 145 hp (108 kW), while the optional Cross Fire Injection 305 was rated at 165 hp (123 kW). Performance enthusiasts of the day gave the new Camaro rave reviews for its styling and handling, but also made critical remarks about the relatively low power ratings for both the Camaro Z28