Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   September 11, 2011 - Mulholland (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31408)

Vettezuki 08-25-2011 02:50 AM

September 11, 2011 - Mulholland

------------------------
OP

If you're going to this event or just dig it, please take a second to click on the Like, Tweet, and/or +1 over there to the left. It really helps the the event and site to get more biggerer.

September 11, 2011

The Route.

Meet at 10:00am, or earlier for the Supercar Sunday Meet. 9/11 is a special meet. We roll at 11:00am. Both he meeting and ending point is:

6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd in Woodland Hills

You can also see us on Facebook, and invite your friends to the cruise.
http://www.facebook.com/Motorgen

NOTE: The OP of this thread is the one true source of current information. ANYTHING in any other post (including within this thread!), site or forum may not be current. Bookmark it.

Small White Car 08-26-2011 09:25 AM

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, please turn your attention to the main stage where the Motorgen crowd will dazzle us with their feats of skill, acts of bravery and ability to stretch tales to their tallest!!!

:smack:

Okay well, I guess this one is mine to throw down thanks to our glorious leader and a man named Utah...

Now I'm not sure when you all want to get together and make this happen, I'm good for just about anytime since my schedule usually dictates a yea or a nay for the entire day so it doesn't matter too much to me.

However...

The Supercar Sunday show at the The Promenade at Woodland Hills (6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd) is on Sunday morning between about 7am and 10:30am and it's usually my reason for driving all the way to friggin' Ventura to go drive, really I prefer ACH and now that it's open again I can go there in half the time. But if'n y'all are in favor of an afternoon run, that's fine as well although a good portion of the roads are in shadow by then. I really dig standing on Piuma looking over Malibu on one side with the valley on the other as the marine layer rolls back out to sea uncovering the south bay and on a good day all the way to the islands.

But I digress...

The Route

I've come back to the link only to have Google decide it wants to go a different way so here is what it is supposed to look like...

*let's avoid the confusion*

The Stunt/Schueren/Piuma bit is a photo-op road, these are nice smooth roads with good curves and enough ups and downs to make the driver smile and keep the wife from vomiting in your lap. Near the head of The Snake you'll find Paul from Rock Store Photos set up doing his thing, giving us all the opportunity for a poster shot if it turns out good. I purposely planned this part on the trip so he can shoot the drivers side of the car as we go by. Smart thinkin' huh?

Now as we all know I have rather questionable taste in food and even more questionable taste in establishments, so I will ask if anyone knows someplace in the area of the trip that they wouldn't have a problem taking their mom to, please speak up. I can't say I have been to a sit down restaurant that didn't have pictures of the food on the menu in quite some time, unsophisticated barbarian that I am.

So then, help a brotha' out.

I still need a time and a restaurant, the route I got down. (Although I have passed on a couple ideas to jefe)

:drink:

Redondo Jon 08-26-2011 02:21 PM

http://www.rubys.com/2-locations/locations.aspx

Unless they’re not there anymore. (I don’t know)
WOODLAND HILLS: 6100 Topanga Canyon Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818.713.1867 (Fax)
woodlandhills@rubys.com
Sun. - Thurs. 7AM - 9:00PM
Fri. - Sat. 7AM - 10:30PM

Small White Car 08-26-2011 07:15 PM

^^^Isn't one within 35 miles of Woodland Hills and the one in Malibu is closed UFN

Vettezuki 08-29-2011 02:36 AM

Well there is a Sandwich and Salad place inside the same mall as the take off place that has a good Yelp rating (FWIW) and reasonable prices. THe good news there is that parking shouldn't be a problem at least. There's an In N' Out not too far from there, but it looks like a disaster waiting to happen if several dozen cars roll up on it . . basically it just won't work.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/stone-oven-canoga-park

Would be nice to get something with a little more character though.

Vettezuki 08-29-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 81954)
. . . There is a point on the map where, if some of the smaller cars or more technical drivers would like, it is possible to use an alternate route to go from Mulholland to P.C.H. Latigo Canyon parallels Kanan Dume Road so perhaps we can figure out a regrouping point on P.C.H. near the terminus of both roads and us little guys can have some fun . . .

Honestly, it's challenging enough to get a larger group to attempt following one route. Throwing in alternates would be impossible to convey sensibly to people who just show up for the run (which happens a lot). Let's stick to the one true route.

silverscmustang 08-29-2011 09:01 AM

well I saw a group of a few corvettes and camaros cruising PCH along side me a while back. Wouldnt you know they ended the cruise at KFC on PCH hahahaha.

Malibu Seafood is great :) but last time I went on a cruise that ended there we all had to park on the street. It made for great pictures though.

Small White Car 08-29-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 81971)
http://www.rubys.com/2-locations/locations.aspx

Unless they’re not there anymore. (I don’t know)
WOODLAND HILLS: 6100 Topanga Canyon Woodland Hills, CA 91367
818.713.1867 (Fax)
woodlandhills@rubys.com
Sun. - Thurs. 7AM - 9:00PM
Fri. - Sat. 7AM - 10:30PM

Well, two things...

First off, I don't think that particular Ruby's is there any longer, since the building that used to house Ruby's is now a parking lot.

Edit: Looks to me like they may have moved indoors.

And second, well, it would seem it's actually the correct meet spot and I put down the wrong mall as point A. Supercar Sunday is at the Westfield Promenade. It's about a half mile closer to the run and there is a restaurant or two there that might make everyone happy.

:bang:

So, yeah. Looks like I'm off to a flying one once again.

sinaSRT-4 08-29-2011 10:22 AM

Looking forward to this cruise route. Should make for some great pictures and vids.

jedhead 08-29-2011 03:31 PM

I may not make it. I think I will be cooking burgers and hotdogs for my youth group's picnic that day. I thought it was going to be on Saturday, but they moved it to Sunday.

Bob

landshark99 08-31-2011 09:22 PM

Sounds like a maybe for me depends on work, what if we skip Kanan and just do Latigo as a group, Latigo is tight but less cops and more fun

Small White Car 08-31-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark99 (Post 82261)
Sounds like a maybe for me depends on work, what if we skip Kanan and just do Latigo as a group, Latigo is tight but less cops and more fun

Because this way it would actually be backwards on Latigo. It is a much better run from P.C.H. to Kanan and much easier than trying to go from The Snake to Kanan to Latigo to P.C.H.

All lefts.

:yikes:

I just figured with a large group we may want to be on the southbound side (actually eastbound) of P.C.H. so we can see the ocean and not oncoming traffic.

My ass cheeks are eight inches from the pavement, the closer I am to the neat stuff the better chance I have of seeing it.

:jester:

The drive isn't spectacularly long and I know the slot car tracks so maybe after the main run we can break into small study groups and discuss the days events.

:lmfao:

AARP 08-31-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82262)
The drive isn't spectacularly long and I know the slot car tracks so maybe after the main run we can break into small study groups and discuss the days events.

:lmfao:

Tuna Canyon?

Vettezuki 09-01-2011 02:10 AM

See OP for poll.

Vettezuki 09-01-2011 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82096)
. . .

And second, well, it would seem it's actually the correct meet spot and I put down the wrong mall as point A. Supercar Sunday is at the Westfield Promenade. It's about a half mile closer to the run and there is a restaurant or two there that might make everyone happy.

:bang:

So, yeah. Looks like I'm off to a flying one once again.

IF we were to meet in the morning, is there enough space at the Promenade to accommodate an additional 50 cars or so? I'm NOT a morning person and this isn't exactly in my neighborhood, but if we could combine the meetup with a cool car meet before rolling, that may be of some interest. This will require some update to the route.

Kozak 09-01-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82267)
I'm NOT a morning person and this isn't exactly in my neighborhood

This. But I see the point and I'm, therefore, kind of leaning towards a morning meet. Regardless the date is still tricky for me since 'tis also the day my family would like to celebrate my big Two Five birthday, but I love Mulholland and you guys are alright so I might be able to squeeze ya in :jester:

Vettezuki 09-01-2011 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozak (Post 82270)
This. But I see the point and I'm, therefore, kind of leaning towards a morning meet. Regardless the date is still tricky for me since 'tis also the day my family would like to celebrate my big Two Five birthday, but I love Mulholland and you guys are alright so I might be able to squeeze ya in :jester:

You've got a Goat. Throw in your designated spousal unit and/or girlfriend and child(s) in the car and roll. :jester:

Spots 09-01-2011 06:15 AM

Damn I really wish I wasn't missing this one. YOu boys have fun and I'll be seeing you soon.

Small White Car 09-01-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82267)
IF we were to meet in the morning, is there enough space at the Promenade to accommodate an additional 50 cars or so? I'm NOT a morning person and this isn't exactly in my neighborhood, but if we could combine the meetup with a cool car meet before rolling, that may be of some interest. This will require some update to the route.

I'll have to double check to make sure but usually not only is there room but you actually become part of the show.

The major meet here is the last Sunday of the month, that's when they have the marque meet but much like Cars and Coffee they do meet weekly.

At 7am...

Redondo Jon 09-01-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spots (Post 82282)
Damn I really wish I wasn't missing this one. YOu boys have fun and I'll be seeing you soon.

Hi Spots. Last time I saw you we were doing the Hangover run. :bang: Hopefully, you can make it to the next cruise.

Spots 09-01-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 82314)
Hi Spots. Last time I saw you we were doing the Hangover run. :bang: Hopefully, you can make it to the next cruise.

I should be there for the next one, I've been deployed since early Feb. so I haven't had much option :jester:

Vettezuki 09-01-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82290)
. . .

At 7am...

No. If the 9/11 meet goes through to 10:00 or so people can show up earlier if they want and we can roll from there.

ZexGX 09-01-2011 06:27 PM

I am going and this time I am NOT holding the camera... lol.

Small White Car 09-01-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82327)
No. If the 9/11 meet goes through to 10:00 or so people can show up earlier if they want and we can roll from there.

:thumbs_up:

I was meanin' if you want to get there earlier they start rolling in between six thirty and seven am. Anyone is welcome and if your car is cool looking, folks WILL be taking photographs of it.

Vettezuki 09-02-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82331)
:thumbs_up:

I was meanin' if you want to get there earlier they start rolling in between six thirty and seven am. Anyone is welcome and if your car is cool looking, folks WILL be taking photographs of it.

When does it typically end? I'm think 11:00 am roll.

Small White Car 09-02-2011 10:21 AM

The posted time is 7am until 11am but the old guys hang and eat and drink coffee at Corner Cafe. There is plenty of room for everyone, support the merchants if you can as well, there is a 7-11 and gas and a McDonalds and what not all right in the general area.

Vettezuki 09-02-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82362)
The posted time is 7am until 11am but the old guys hang and eat and drink coffee at Corner Cafe. There is plenty of room for everyone, support the merchants if you can as well, there is a 7-11 and gas and a McDonalds and what not all right in the general area.

Does the current route reflect the correct starting address?

Small White Car 09-02-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82364)

You have a PM my friend...

Small White Car 09-03-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82077)
Honestly, it's challenging enough to get a larger group to attempt following one route. Throwing in alternates would be impossible to convey sensibly to people who just show up for the run (which happens a lot). Let's stick to the one true route.

FTFY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 82364)

Yes, 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd between Oxnard and Erwin.

Vettezuki 09-03-2011 11:11 PM

I'll be updating the thread tonight.

Small White Car 09-04-2011 05:36 PM

I was just checking out the Supercar Sunday site and I came across this...

I dig most of the troops, Stanhope and I share the same feelings for the rest, if you got some extra stuff feel free to bring it along.

It seems our corporate overlords are fine with sending them to war with the latest killing machines but they fall short in making sure they have the stuff that gets you and I through the day.

Vettezuki 09-04-2011 05:46 PM

OP updated with likely final info.

Damian 09-05-2011 04:26 AM

Damn, you guys always do awsome cruises when I'm working!

jedhead 09-05-2011 10:28 AM

Sorry guys I won't make it. The youth group I am involved with is having a picnic on the 11th and I am cooking the burgers. Have fun, drive safe.

Bob

sinaSRT-4 09-05-2011 12:09 PM

Car is good to go for this one. See you guys there, :D.

silentbob97 09-05-2011 01:04 PM

Imports welcome?

Small White Car 09-05-2011 01:23 PM

Damn I hope so!!!!

Vettezuki 09-05-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentbob97 (Post 82455)
Imports welcome?

ALWAYS!

silverscmustang 09-06-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 82453)
Car is good to go for this one. See you guys there, :D.

sweet!!! cant wait! :D

jedhead 09-06-2011 11:27 PM

Even Yaris is welcome.:thumbs_up:

Bob