Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   60 Lincoln - what was I thinkin? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7428)

GTO Ed 09-01-2009 12:35 PM

60 Lincoln - what was I thinkin?

2 Attachment(s)
:bang:
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...Last August when these rare monsters were still listing at around $100K, I was motivated by that most typical motive: greed
I thought I'd get the thing finished for 1/4 of that, & make 20 or 25K well, that ship sailed a long time & many $$$ ago, BUT - the bodywork came out great (not incl a couple chrome parts that need to go back), and I Think I found the right guy to go thru & make the top "erect" (that's what they call it - no lie - probably because you get so excited if it ever all works) and then there's there's ONLY the interior to do

Very solid car, sat in Tustin for 22? yrs, originally from Spokane area. If you know anybody that's gotta have it, in a month?, pls lemme know.

Ready for Summer - in the Southern Hemisphere

BRUTAL64 09-01-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO Ed (Post 31087)
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...Last August when these rare monsters were still listing at around $100K, I was motivated by that most typical motive: greed
I thought I'd get the thing finished for 1/4 of that, & make 20 or 25K well, that ship sailed a long time & many $$$ ago, BUT - the bodywork came out great (not incl a couple chrome parts that need to go back), and I Think I found the right guy to go thru & make the top "erect" (that's what they call it - no lie - probably because you get so excited if it ever all works) and then there's there's ONLY the interior to do

Very solid car, sat in Tustin for 22? yrs, originally from Spokane area. If you know anybody that's gotta have it, in a month?, pls lemme know.

Ready for Summer - in the Southern Hemisphere

Probably the greatest ugly car every built.:thumbs_up:

I mean that in the best possible way.:drink:

GTO Ed 09-01-2009 12:51 PM

Ugly?

No Doubt - I agree w/you 100%

it'll Look great, but still UG-LY

good call

BRUTAL64 09-01-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO Ed (Post 31089)
No Doubt - I agree w/you 100%

it'll Look great, but still UG-LY

good call

I actually really like that car. It is so over the top that it is cool. I'd buy in a heart beat if I had the money you need.:drink:

TimAT 09-02-2009 06:49 PM

And you could put the 64 in the backseat so you'd always have a spare.

:hail:

Maybe pretty high up on the ugly list, but still a heck of a cruiser

BRUTAL64 09-03-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimAT (Post 31239)
And you could put the 64 in the backseat so you'd always have a spare.

:hail:

Maybe pretty high up on the ugly list, but still a heck of a cruiser

Yea, that is true. So maybe a "Help Glenn buy 60 Lincoln" Telethon.