Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tire Send Off (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31228)

jedhead 08-19-2011 09:44 PM

Tire Send Off

I am getting new rear tires tomorrow morning so I thought I would give them a send off. After having dinner at Carrows with some friends, I thought I would go by the industrial area in HB on the way home to burn some rubber. I haven't gone WOT in 1st in the car since the tires break loose at half throttle with the tune. I was in the industrial park looking for a deserted street. I picked a dark street that there were only two cars towards the end of the street in the shade. I turn right with TC and Stability control off and from a about 5mph roll I floored it with the transmission in sport mode. The tires lit up immediately I smoked the tires into second and backed off the throttle when the tranny shifted into third. I was feeling pretty smug seeing the two dark marks I left behind me. My headlights then lit up the reflectors on the car parked in dark on the side of the street. I immediately recognized the tailights of a Crown Vic. I next saw the lights on top of the car on the other side of the street. Great not just one, but two HBPD cruisers on the street parked I just idled by the cars hoping that somehow the car and I are invisible. I waited for the blue and red lights come at any second. I turned right and kept a close eye on the rear view mirror. No lights approaching. Whew. I drove straight home.
I need to reconnoiter the area better next time.

Bob

94cobra69ss396 08-19-2011 09:55 PM

You are lucky.

kdracer73 08-19-2011 10:05 PM

They musta been writing reports !

Vettezuki 08-19-2011 11:47 PM

Stake out. :huh:

Kozak 08-20-2011 02:40 AM

Invisibility prayer worked! You win!

blackax 08-20-2011 07:54 PM

They just couldn't fathom a Cadillac burn rubber like that.

Shaolin Crane 08-20-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 81567)

Or they were thinking "let him go, his half shafts are about to break anyhow"

:rolling:

kdracer73 08-20-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 81567)

UTFO Unidentified Tire Frying Object

jedhead 08-21-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 81570)
Or they were thinking "let him go, his half shafts are about to break anyhow"

:rolling:

Mine doesn't suffer from the axle tramp as bad as the CTS-V, but the diff is still a little fragile. I wonder how the guy I met who has twin rear mount intercooled turbos that feeds the blower is doing with his rear end?

Bob

Damian 08-21-2011 10:53 AM

Thy were probably sleeping. That's why you always have to check out the street before you do anything. I do it constantly when I do my datalogging.