Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Love my SIII (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42382)

Vettezuki 09-12-2012 12:56 AM

Love my SIII

I would like to have held out maybe for the upcoming HTC, but my DroidX GPS hasn't worked (and I use GPS a lot when it works) and the battery was on its last legs, so I got an SIII. So far, holy shit it's night and day! The DroidX was fine, this is a solid generation ahead in everything. I don't think it's built as tough as the Droid was though. It just feels a little bit of a lightweight (good and bad). The Droid you could throw at people. I know I dropped it many times and no problem at all. Never got a case for it. I immediately got a case for the SIII.

Chuck 09-12-2012 04:46 AM

Cool did you get it from vzw? If so did you loose your unlimited data?

Vettezuki 09-12-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 103078)
Cool did you get it from vzw? If so did you loose your unlimited data?

Yes and yes. Not that big of a deal because I'm usually near a WiFi. I wasn't using anywhere near 2GB on my DroidX.

blackax 09-12-2012 11:43 AM

I still love my HTC ONE X. Its built great ( I think Samsung phones feel cheap) and I get to keep my unlimited data plan (ATT)

BADDASSC6 09-12-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 103069)
I would like to have held out maybe for the upcoming HTC, but my DroidX GPS hasn't worked (and I use GPS a lot when it works) and the battery was on its last legs, so I got an SIII. So far, holy shit it's night and day! The DroidX was fine, this is a solid generation ahead in everything. I don't think it's built as tough as the Droid was though. It just feels a little bit of a lightweight (good and bad). The Droid you could throw at people. I know I dropped it many times and no problem at all. Never got a case for it. I immediately got a case for the SIII.

Ben, you only like it because you haven't experience Iphone ownership. Get off the soap box and join the party.:pot_stir:

Chuck 09-12-2012 04:54 PM

Yeah I use about 3gb but I bought my phone private party. We changed anyway due to the cost savings ($100 a month) on the share everything plan. So in November I'll have an upgrade hope something good comes out...

Vettezuki 09-12-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 103145)
Ben, you only like it because you haven't experience Iphone ownership. Get off the soap box and join the party.:pot_stir:

Among other things I design apps for iOS . . . We get all the newest Apple everything.

Anyway, my SIII is a better "iPhone" than the iPhone4 by a mile. The iPhone5 will be great. But it won't be clearly superior, nothing is in the tech world. . at least not for long. Stop being a fanboy. :pot_stir: :smack: :lmfao:

BADDASSC6 09-12-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 103151)
Among other things I design apps for iOS . . . We get all the newest Apple everything.

Anyway, my SIII is a better "iPhone" than the iPhone4 by a mile. The iPhone5 will be great. But it won't be clearly superior, nothing is in the tech world. . at least not for long. Stop being a fanboy. :pot_stir: :smack: :lmfao:

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Shaolin Crane 09-13-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 103122)
Yes and yes. Not that big of a deal because I'm usually near a WiFi. I wasn't using anywhere near 2GB on my DroidX.

I used 2gb in 5 days.

Ryridesmotox 09-13-2012 04:24 PM

My max GB usage has been like 15gb in one day. I have unlimited through Verizon and a rooted Galaxy Nexus with all the fun goodies that make owning an android fun.

Vettezuki- did they say if there was anyway you could keep the unlimited plan? I have read some people have paid full price for a phone (or got it elsewhere) and stayed on their old plan. I guess it just goes month to month after that, but you keep the unlimited data.