Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Issues / Ask a Mod (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   What's with the PM's? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13402)

heyitsdatguy 02-19-2010 09:29 PM

What's with the PM's?

This is the third pm I've gotten with the same messege. What's up with this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davietorr
Dear, forum member!

There are viruses' activities from your computer! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here:

http://www.total-scan.com/detected/S...l;heyitsdatguy

This is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.

Thank you. Yours truly, David Torres.

SeanPlunk 02-19-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyitsdatguy (Post 45511)
This is the third pm I've gotten with the same messege. What's up with this?

It's really annoying - same stupid spam. We installed some new updates today to try to stop it :mad:

Vettezuki 02-19-2010 10:46 PM

We're working on it. We actually have captcha and email verification, but no other restrictions on posting once you're in. Unfortunately the forces of evil have have found ways to break the captcha and validation. We're installing some plugins that will compare registering ips to known spamers and put other restrictions on new users (like no PMing until they've responded to some posts w/o URLs, etc.).

PITA.

Leedom 02-19-2010 11:21 PM

I have gotten 3 or 4 of them. This site is starting to suck. :jester:

Chuck 02-20-2010 07:15 AM

Did anyone download it I wanted to know how it works. HAHA

enkeivette 02-21-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 45528)
Did anyone download it I wanted to know how it works. HAHA

I'm going to right after this bank transfer from the prince of Zimbabwe.

Douglas Mariani 02-21-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 45654)

:smack::smack::rolling::rolling:

heyitsdatguy 02-22-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 45654)

LOL, I love those emails. I get them like once every other month or so.

BADDASSC6 02-22-2010 04:54 PM

Well, I downloaded it. My laptop is completely shut down now. Its a real antivirus, but it states that every function and program is infected and prevents them from starting up. I tried uninstalling it but it shuts off the add remove function in the control panel. I bought another antivirus from bestbuy but it says that is infected and won't let it install. Fuck. I'm reaching out for help with my BlackBerry.

SeanPlunk 02-22-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 45748)
Well, I downloaded it. My laptop is completely shut down now. Its a real antivirus, but it states that every function and program is infected and prevents them from starting up. I tried uninstalling it but it shuts off the add remove function in the control panel. I bought another antivirus from bestbuy but it says that is infected and won't let it install. Fuck. I'm reaching out for help with my BlackBerry.

You're such a bastard Carlos :rolling: