Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   September 11, 2011 - Mulholland (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31408)

Small White Car 09-12-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duhveed (Post 82789)
yeah Angeles Crest has tons of them

No turn offs, plenty of turn outs.

ACH goes pretty much straight through whereas Malibu has a hundred roads that look like driveways to go and play on with hidden street signs everywhere.

Missed out on Latigo yesterday, anyone hit it and how was it?

landshark99 09-12-2011 08:56 AM

The split run groups is a great idea, we could have a start point, maybe a mid point stop and then an end point where we could gather at a predetermined place for a late lunch or whatever. The small run groups also have the advantage of everybody would be following a car that knows where it is going, most of us cannot read the directions while driving and end up just playing follow the car in front, if they are lost so are we.
One of the other advantages of this approach is it allows us to play on smaller roads, if we wish on Sundays when there maybe too much traffic on the more common easy to follow routes, I could lead a group as well if we play in my local mountains.

As to, Latigo Cyn, I drove down it yesterday to PCH and it was a whole bunch of fun and in good shape until about the 1/8 of the route from the bottom, the road gets a little rougher down there and more importantly I got stuck behind a large SUV, but other wise, highly recommended.

silverscmustang 09-12-2011 09:32 AM

Had fun but ya, the directions were very confusing. Me and Jon B in MX-5 got stuck at one of the lights on topanga cyn blvd so were kinda left behind and had nobody to follow. I had a map and he had the last page of the map so I had to lead. We get to muholland and I see stunt road on the map but it doesnt say turn onto stunt road or anything, seemed like it skipped a bunch of steps. So me and Jon B make it to Tuna Cyn and take topanga back to the mall. Nobody is there so Jon B gets on the phone with someone and they tell us they are at the snake. So we start heading up that way and on the way up we see the atom and SWC. We go hit Tuna again and then go back to the mall.

I think the number one most confusing thing was that on certain streets there was no sign, like at the top of stunt. In the future I will print myself a map with the route cuz to me thats much easier than looking at streets and distances. Also, if we are doing a cruise then there should always be a regroup stop before we get to the intresting part of the cruise. I would be intrested in putting together the Oct 9 cruise if you guys want. I put together a cruise in the same area about a year ago with about 15-20 cars. No maps and nobody got lost.

ZexGX 09-12-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 82786)
When we turned onto PCH a guy came next to me and said that a bunch of guys turned the other way (towards Neptunes). I hear that during the Stop with Jay and though that a bunch of people were doing it. It was just Jerry and his friends. Jerry... you jackhole (j/k)

Yeah, Karn in the silver C5 Vette and all his friends (black BMW, GT-R, "El Shamu" C6, etc.) and then the blue C5 Vette, black Camaro, and silver Firebird (me) went to Neptunes for some food. After that, we hit up Decker and a couple other canyon runs (which is where I got the footage I posted a few posts back).

We also got to see an OLD biker guy throw a temper tantrum because his wife didn't save him a seat at Neptunes. LOL.

Vettezuki 09-12-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverscmustang (Post 82813)
Had fun but ya, the directions were very confusing. Me and Jon B in MX-5 got stuck at one of the lights on topanga cyn blvd so were kinda left behind and had nobody to follow. I had a map and he had the last page of the map so I had to lead. We get to muholland and I see stunt road on the map but it doesnt say turn onto stunt road or anything, seemed like it skipped a bunch of steps. So me and Jon B make it to Tuna Cyn and take topanga back to the mall. Nobody is there so Jon B gets on the phone with someone and they tell us they are at the snake. So we start heading up that way and on the way up we see the atom and SWC. We go hit Tuna again and then go back to the mall.

I think the number one most confusing thing was that on certain streets there was no sign, like at the top of stunt. In the future I will print myself a map with the route cuz to me thats much easier than looking at streets and distances. Also, if we are doing a cruise then there should always be a regroup stop before we get to the intresting part of the cruise. I would be intrested in putting together the Oct 9 cruise if you guys want. I put together a cruise in the same area about a year ago with about 15-20 cars. No maps and nobody got lost.

Good points. Duly noted. It's my fault for not cleaning up the directions, I just printed straight from Google and it throws in a lot of not so necessary information.

Vettezuki 09-12-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 82803)
No turn offs, plenty of turn outs.

ACH goes pretty much straight through whereas Malibu has a hundred roads that look like driveways to go and play on with hidden street signs everywhere.

Missed out on Latigo yesterday, anyone hit it and how was it?

This is why ACH (and GMR/GRR) are good cruises. Once you're on the road, you literally can't get off route. The Mulholland area has been the most challenging to do sucessfully (both cruises have been a little but . . dynamic let's say) because of the million options. We've pulled off 60+ cars meeting and running ACH with no problems. Even the small group can get mixed up in Malibu.

ZexGX 09-13-2011 10:55 AM

Here's the route that the blue C5Z06, the black turbo Camaro, and the pewter Firebird took: http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4...llandroute.png

landshark99 09-13-2011 01:07 PM

My route on Sundayhttp://g.co/maps/n9ejc

silverscmustang 09-13-2011 01:33 PM

so we gunna have a separate thread for pictures and video? Should have mine up tonight

Small White Car 09-13-2011 04:46 PM

If anyone is interested, Rock Store Photos has Sundays set up on the site. Please be careful clicking on the link if your volume is in the 'loud' range, the song begins automatically. Follow the links to the Flikr page to see the shots.

There is an interesting one of me coming down The Snake that I might have to shell out a couple of bucks for.