Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HELP.... Ford I love you BUT I also HATE you. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30700)

2011GT302 08-02-2011 09:06 AM

HELP.... Ford I love you BUT I also HATE you.

I was driving my wife to work in her Truck (SUV) and was headed to the freeway and just before the ramp the truck hit OD and started spinning the engine in neutral. So I turned OD off and it runs fine and shifts perfect. I did some research and I guess the OD clip likes to break in the transmission. I live in Glendora and need to get this fixed cheap and quick, any suggestions? From what I have been reading it is a fairly easy fix and the transmission will not need to be removed. I dont know anything about automatic transmissions so I won't do it myself nor do I trust myself enough to try.
Please Help!!!

SeanPlunk 08-02-2011 09:29 AM

I'd send Shaolin Crane a PM. He might be able to do it.

Shaolin Crane 08-02-2011 09:43 AM

Wow, didnt know you were in Glendora, thats just up the street. However, transmissions are a finicky bitch and what seems like a common issue can turn out to be a major headache.

Like my supposed failing "speed sensor" turned out to be $1800 in clutches and a planetary, best advice would be to take it to Leo at Remac in san dimas, he set me straight for about half of what harrells wanted in arrow highway, and he's a race so he'll do the cheap labor stuff to strengthen the tranny. I'll help in any way I can, PM me type of vehicle, year, etc and i'll see what i can do.

2011GT302 08-02-2011 10:03 AM

PM Sent..
I'm just North of Arrow on the Covina Glendora border.
I need this fixed ASAP. My Mustang is no good as the Taxi!!! LOL
I can go see Leo but Whats your real name so i can tell him you sent me :)

Shaolin Crane 08-02-2011 11:19 AM

My shop is on citrus and grand. So im just down the street. My house is close too, but those coordinates are vague ;)

2011GT302 08-02-2011 03:05 PM

Guy-
Leo says thanks for the referral.

The Truck is now awaiting addional inspection. It seems to be worse then I thought/hoped. After his test drive the Expedition has no 3rd or OD gear. He is in the process to pulling the pan then he will give me an update.

Shaolin Crane 08-02-2011 03:29 PM

Thats because 3rd and overdive are the same gear, along with reverse.

2011GT302 08-02-2011 03:43 PM

Leo said it was 1,2,3 then OD? (I hate autos)
1,2, and R work fine.
I can feel my debt adding up my the second :(

Shaolin Crane 08-02-2011 04:14 PM

Crap sorry i hastily posted, 3rd is the direct drive which is the same gear as reverse, 2nd and OD are the same gear, so if you have second you should have OD. That is if im remebering correctly, i dont recall off the top of my head what tranny you have

2011GT302 08-03-2011 08:29 PM

I dont speak Transmission BUT the forward clutches were shot and the some breakage in the tranny. Remac did a great job and I got the truck back the next day.
Thanks Remac and thanks Guy.