Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm outta here! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9567)

BADDASSC6 10-29-2009 04:36 PM

I'm outta here!

Well guys I will still keep track of the Motorgen family, but I'm leaving the Socal area. I will be moving to Connecticut mid December for Submarine Officer's Advance Course and then reporting to the USS MAINE in Seattle Washington next August to relieve as the boats Navigator. I will try to hit as many track events across the country as I can. For sure will be at Watkins Glenn in April. I will post the videos here and waive the Motorgen flag. I'm in FL visiting the GF, but I will make it to a cruise before I depart.

SeanPlunk 10-29-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 37053)
Well guys I will still keep track of the Motorgen family, but I'm leaving the Socal area. I will be moving to Connecticut mid December for Submarine Officer's Advance Course and then reporting to the USS MAINE in Seattle Washington next August to relieve as the boats Navigator. I will try to hit as many track events across the country as I can. For sure will be at Watkins Glenn in April. I will post the videos here and waive the Motorgen flag. I'm in FL visiting the GF, but I will make it to a cruise before I depart.

Congratulations Carlos!

We'll miss you dude - definitely check in from time to time. Do you know how long you'll be on Maine for?

Seeing as how you drive, I'm shocked they're letting you navigate one of these:

Remember, no drifting in an Ohio Class sub :p

94cobra69ss396 10-29-2009 04:43 PM

Make sure you keep in touch with us. How long is your tour?

BRUTAL64 10-29-2009 04:47 PM

Yea, keep us updated on how things go.

Vettezuki 10-29-2009 04:58 PM

Congrats! Yo, don't forget to check in and break enkeivette's balls from time to time, there's only so much I can do by myself. Say, is this prep for a sea tour?

And does the Navy realize:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 16623)
Arghhh I'm a pirate!

I'll have to cut together a Carlos highlights reel.

BADDASSC6 10-29-2009 05:03 PM

My tour will be 30-36 months. I will tell all of you guys that I can definately drive a fast attack submarine better than I can drive a car! I've never driven a Trident before, but I hear it's easier because you don't get put in hte same situations. I was pushing hard for another 688i, but the needs of the navy dictate where I go.

Ben,
Wait on the highlight reel. You will be getting much more footage from me.

Vettezuki 10-29-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 37061)
. . . I will tell all of you guys that I can definately drive a fast attack submarine better than I can drive a car!

That's a relief. . .

BADDASSC6 10-29-2009 05:09 PM

The truth is that driving a 688i on station is more fun too.

Vettezuki 10-29-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 37063)
The truth is that driving a 688i on station is more fun too.

Now tell the truth, do you guys ever imitate Sean Connery's voice and reenact scenes from Hunt for Red October?

BADDASSC6 10-29-2009 05:20 PM

No. I have been on two LA class fast attacks as a member of ship's force and assisted a third for 3 months during a major NATO operation and I have never seen any submarine related movies or entertainment.

I'm always so slammed that I really haven''t watched that many movies onboard.