Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Should not have waited ! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28457)

kdracer73 05-21-2011 08:17 AM

Should not have waited !

I did my pre cruise vehicle inspection a few weeks ago. I noticed my front tires had a little inside wear. Got lazy and did not throw it up on the rack. Wish I had now ! They got trashed on ACH !

It was slow yesterday so I had time to check my wheel alignment. It was toed out pretty good :bang:

Maybe I will get better gas mileage , since the front tires ain't plowing down the road.

And that was not the only ACH damage..... I did hit a rock or 2....:crutches:

Front air damn

Frame connector

Traction bar

Nothing worth fixin tho'

Redondo Jon 05-21-2011 05:21 PM

You seem to have the worst luck on these runs. Ortega, Angeles Crest Hwy... I know what happened on the Ortega was the result of shocks, or lack thereof, but man.

enkeivette 05-23-2011 12:29 PM

I's dismount them and swap them side to side. Put the good tread on the inside.

kdracer73 05-23-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 75638)
I's dismount them and swap them side to side. Put the good tread on the inside.

Can't.. Raised white letters are on one side only. I looks better with the white letters out..

I just put them on the rear for now

Shaolin Crane 05-23-2011 09:27 PM

Besides, its not safe to switch rotation of the tires

kdracer73 05-23-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 75686)

Agreed !

You could swap the right-left and flip them over on the wheels so they keep the same rotation( if they had white letters)....but that is too much work....remember, I am lazy !

Shaolin Crane 05-23-2011 11:18 PM

You could use a tire marker to make the letters white :smack:

If I had your shop I would definitely be less lazy, ok that's not true :rolling:

enkeivette 05-25-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 75686)

Really? Why?

Shaolin Crane 05-25-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 75745)
Really? Why?

The steel belting starts to run in a certain direction witbh a certain amount of wear on each part of it, switch it around and it forces everything in the opposite direction causing a tear down the center of the tread (I've seen it happen, no bueno). Think of it like this, you have the safety seal on your bottle cap, there is an upper and lower ring, as long as they spin together, the seal won't break, but once force and direction changes, snap, no longer sealed.

Small White Car 08-22-2011 05:49 PM

The simple answer, you'll throw the tread.

No bueno.