View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1

Default CTS-V... Looking

So I am expecting my first kid, pretty much anytime now. I am looking for something with 4 doors to easily accommodate a childs seat and such. I can't force myself to get a normal everyday grocery getter. I love having a powerful car. So I am looking at a first generation 04-07 CTS-v. I am hoping to find an 06/07 for the upgraded diff but its not a necessity. I know there are a few of you who have these years of cars. I love either of the LS blocks in it, and that tremec t-56 is pretty bullet resistant. I have a few questions. How many have higher mileage CTS-Vs? Most of the ones I am finding in these years are about 70,000. As far as the motor goes, I'm not really worried about that, the LS block is, without question, one of the best engines ever put into a car from the factory. The issues I am concerned with are differential, clutch, and motor mounts. Are there any immediate issues I should be concerned with?

I found one that seems to have a clean Carfax, but the color and wheels are not really to my liking at all. Though, it does have a supercharger on it. I'm kind of leery about that because of tuning and such.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...26190270&Log=0

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.