View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Yea but I can't seem to locate a G8 GXP for less than like $30k which is more than I want to spend now and thats If you can even find one. There werent many made. The G8 GT would be nice but I would prefer the LS3 in the GXP. The one selling point I love is that the CTS-V has the 6 speed. I love manual transmission cars so that also makes me not want to get the G8 GT since as far as I know they were only offered in an Automatic.

I'll take into account the Motor mounts and diff bushings if I do end up getting a CTS-v. I did the solid motor and trans mounts in the cobalt. What have you done to yours to get to 500whp? I was thinking an intake, CA legal headers, cam, head work, and I have tuning software so it would have a custom HPtune on it. I was thinking that would at least get me close to 500hp. If the tax returns next year are generous maybe a new lower end, supercharger, and a new diff/axel but that would be like a $10k budget for next year if I wanted to go that far with it.
They don't make CA legal headers sadly. Stock the car puts down 340 wrhp.

If you are gonna put money in to the motor just get LS3 head's (only if you get an 06, 07) They will open up to more intakes, superchargers and what not in the long run. They make 2 diff upgrades (ford 9 and for 8.8, 4k to 3k in price) but all you really need it axles 400$. Also change out the flywheel the whole clutch flywheel combo is like 60 pounds.

Huge downside to the car is the lack of wheel options.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20