View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
They don't make CA legal headers sadly. Stock the car puts down 340 wrhp.

If you are gonna put money in to the motor just get LS3 head's (only if you get an 06, 07) They will open up to more intakes, superchargers and what not in the long run. They make 2 diff upgrades (ford 9 and for 8.8, 4k to 3k in price) but all you really need it axles 400$. Also change out the flywheel the whole clutch flywheel combo is like 60 pounds.

Huge downside to the car is the lack of wheel options.
Really? That is lame, I guess I'm just gonna have to take of the stock Exhaust Manifolds with care and run long tubes then, oh darn. I was reading about the 8.8 upgrade. A family member of mine owns a junkyard in Idaho so maybe I can scam a few from him. I'll let you know if you are interested. As far as the clutch goes, I heard the Z06 clutch is a good upgrade but if you are getting 500whp on the stocker that is enough for me with a babyseat in the back... plus saving a few lbs of rotational mass savings in the drivetrain has a big effect on things.

I already deal with the wheels on the Cobalt SS. I like the looks of the stock wheels on the CTS-v just fine. I just will powder coat them or something in order to get the color to my liking.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.