Thread: Brakes
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #3

I can’t comment on the other kits you mentioned because I don’t know enough about them but here’s the setup I chose for my GTO. (Red calipers, slotted only rotors) http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...ion=All&whl=17 The BP-10 compound pads that ship with the kit aren’t useless but they’re pretty close. I now have the PolyMatrix H compound for track-days and a set of BP-20 for the street. The H compound pads work very well and longevity is surprisingly good. However, the rotors are taking a beating and I’m already looking to replace them; not inexpensive. In case you didn’t already know, the hat-to-rotor connection requires safety wiring for the bolts. Those bolts are torqued in inch pounds so if you don’t have an inch pound torque wrench, well… Also, I’ve heard that some of the other kits don’t require shims (washers) to mount the calipers correctly but the Wilwoods will. Notice that I didn’t say “might” or “may,” they will. A side note: I’m very pleased with Wilwood customer service and parts have arrived in just a few days.