View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertermi04 View Post
but u dont have to worry about it. its only if u boost at low rpm. like my car it makes almost 14 pounds of boos. to ask it to boost that much from a 5th gear roll is alot even with forged everything at low rpms, thats why u see all those high speed runs and street racing where they take 4th up to the max and then go to 5th so they wont be at low rpms. plus even if u take 4th all the way up u can top out the car in 5th gear. dont even need 6th.
My understanding of the post was because of the prolonged high heat and very tight Piston to Cylinder wall clearance, not loading or stress. Basically the pistons start to bind in the cylinders as the expand too much under heat. That's what I got out of it. Also, I'm pretty sure HS runs (at least in typical Corvettes) are all done winding out 5th. 6th is just for mileage on the freeways.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)