View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Did she off-road the thing, damn!? Sorry you are getting screwed with this. I learned years ago never lend anyone anything you need back (money, tools, furniture, etc.)
I'm pretty easy with most stuff, but you have to watch it. In this case, the idea was that we were lending our credit, nothing out of pocket. My mistake was to not follow up with her more closely and get the loan refinanced in her own name. Then it just would have been her own journey and lesson getting it repoed and damaging her credit. We have through the roof credit and zero personal debts, which is a nice position to be in in case need or great opportunity arises (though I'm sort of miltant about use of consumer credit), so letting it get repod was both a bit irresponsible IMO, plus the ding to our credit could come back around to bite us if we wanted to refi should the rates and terms drop into a nice window again; something far more expensive than even eating the $2k worst case.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)