View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
By actuator do you mean the waste-gate actuator? If so then what was the mode of failure (belows rupture, linkage failure)....... I promise you that someone has already solved this problem with a cheap part that you can buy instead of trying to determine what material would be best to fabricate a new part out of.
Regardless if you want to go that material route I would look at Inconel then Tungsten and finally ceramics. This is the dreamland option.
The real answer is to get an external waste-gate that is either electrically controlled or has a metal bellows.
Good advice.

I was thinking ceramics too for heat non-conductivity reasons. But I wouldn't know how to approach that and I didn't even know Inconel was generally available at all, thought that was just sort of a Navy thing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)