View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Valves are too small. Need chamber size.

Alum heads are really good for forced induction. The aftermaket heads will have the latest "good" chambers and will take more boost than cast iron factory.
My extreme upper limit for heads, fully assembled, with MLS gaskets is $1k. Link to your recommendation.

Heads are galdurned important for power, so a little extra scratch here is ok. It increases the value and awesomeness of the car in a critical area.

FUNCTIONAL COMPATIBILITY
Should we care so much about matching this head choice to whatever FI we end up with? We're assuming the 174 can be repaired, but if it can't and we go with say a 6/8-71 Turbo (which I have a soft spot for), or if bird can make a bombass hookup with Wieand, will the same heads be equally awesome. I'm assuming yes. The cam is obviously a different story.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)